53 Skylarks

JohnD1956

So... the other day I was called upon to look at a pair of 53 Skylarks for sale locally.  And considering their location, and asking price I was somewhat skeptical of their advertised condition.  But I was intrigued so I went to look.  What a pleasant surprise! 

One was red with a black top , the other green with a black top.  And even though I questioned the authencitiy of the colors, and numerous other problems, such as a non functioning electrical system, tops stuck in the up position and a few missing chrome pieces, the black walled tires on the shiney wire wheels just were too much for me, and...I bought em! 

I am out of space in my garage for any other cars  but that did not look like it was going to be insurmountable, after all, this was two 53 Skylarks!  53  Skylarks that would not break my bank!!!  Who could turn that down?    And ultimately I thought these would be good for my grandsons in the future.   So, without much more ado,  here are a few pictures,  Just so as Mr. Earl can't say it didn't happen...^_^  :D

Oops... files too big.  Will post some pics soon.

Edited by JohnD1956 (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Anthony showed it to Linda when he got it and said: Nona, I got red car, like the GS.  ?

But he was sayin 53 Skylark when he heard the description.  Nathan was just crushing his in that little hand. ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wndsofchng06 said:

Dang yankees!  JK (I was born in Philly).

I should of known that sounded too good to be true.  I gotta quit drinking so much coffee.?

Nice models for the collection though!

LOL... but wondering, which part was not true?  ;)

• Like 1