REPORTS ON A 1914 HUMBERETTE RESTORATION

hi Mike

I've just found this thread.  I have recently acquired a 1913 Humberette, I tried messaging you but was told I don't have enough posts for personal messages (which surprises me as I've been communicating with a member in the USA for several years).  Hopefully you'll see this and be able to reply.  I'm quite local to you as I'm only in Essex.

sheers

Paul

• Like 1

Hello Paul,

Nice to hear from you. As you may have read in my posts, bad breathing health made me have to give up any work in the workshop. All I seem to be able to do now is look at the computer, read and watch the TV. It took me over a year to stop getting frustrated about not doing anything, but have now got used to it. Being on oxygen for the last couple of years seemed to have helped me from getting much worse. I only heard from the new owner once since I sold him the Humberette.

I hope the the posts I have made have, or will, be of use to you and others.

Mike 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Hi Mike.

It's a small world!  I've spent the evening in the pub with a mate who has recently re-commissioned (he's a vintage restorer) a humberette for a long term customer - called Phil. 

So I looked at the last few messages on this thread and realised that I already knew your car as its the same one - I found the photo of Mags and Alex loading it on the trailer. I know Phil quite well, I'm sure I'll see the car again soon.

As I said, small world.

paul

• Like 3