Accumulator Grief

BEMSTER 3

After replacing my front brake calipers, I belatedly decided to test my accumulator to see if it was the real cause of my braking woes. Unfortunately, all signs seem to indicate that it is on its way out. Where can I get a working accumulator for a reasonable price?

Spinning Wheels sells them about as fast as they get a shipment.   Last batch was $165

Marck Barker at East Coast Reattas usually has them in stock....check on latest price.

You can look on Ebay........there are new ones and used ones.........unless the seller can give you some sort of warranty on a used on, you are buying an unknown.

Since they were used on other cars,  don't just do a Reatta search, search by part number.  GM part number was  25528382

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

I didn't try the phone but their website works for me. Their website always shows the accumulators are out of stock.  http://spinningwheels-sc.com/hydacaccumulatorballs.aspx

Yes, I found their phone number on their website because it said they were out of stock but I wanted more info. When I called, the phone company said that number is no longer in service. 

I installed my new accumulator and followed all the steps correctly (I thought), but I am getting mixed results with it. While the pedal no longer sinks to the floor like it used to, now both brake lights turn on and stay on whereas before they would only flash on as the pedal was depressed. When I turn the car on, I can hear the pump go on for a few seconds and quit but I can't figure out why the lights won't go off.

Here is the accumulator I ordered: https://www.ebay.com/itm/ABS-Accumulator-Ball-Delco-25528382-Compatible/311491977981?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649. I bought it before any of you had mentioned the WABCO unit, and while it is a bit larger in height and diameter, it does seem to fit just fine.

Are you sure what you hear is the brake pump running and not the fuel pump? The ad doesn't mention the pre-charge or total volume, but starting from a new, empty ball that has been pumped down, I would expect the pump to run from 45sec to one minute on initial start.

You are right, I confused the fuel pump with the brake pump. Turns out I'm just impatient, as the lights went away after 45 sec and did not come back. Brake pressure is still good, takes 5 pumps now for the brake pump to run and the pedal doesn't sink anymore. Thanks to everyone for their help.