Listing carburetors on Ebay

carbking

I really need to make some room!

So, I am listing carbs on Ebay. The present order of how they are listed is basically the ones that are most in the way ;)

However, if there are any requests, will see what I can find.

Auctions are listed under username carbking.

Please let me know if you want a specific carburetor listed.

Jon.

Len - actually, you can.

From the main page of ebay, in the upper right corner is the blue "Search" button. Just to the right is the tag "Advanced"

Click on "Advanced"

Scroll close to the bottom and you will see a large page-wide box entitled "Sellers"

In that large box you will see a small box entitled "Only show items from"

Place a checkmark in the small box

That will open a white box entitled "specific sellers" where you can enter the username.

OR, 362398523524 :)

Hidden hunter - we have about 15 not totally identified Cadillac Johnson V-8 carbs, plus a couple of sets of V-12/V-16 Caddy Johnsons. The V-8 units are difficult for me to completely identify.

If you can, post a picture showing throttle arm, and any markings on the castings. Will check WHEN IT COOLS OFF! These are located in an un-air-conditioned warehouse, and it is hot in Missouri (Misery) ;)

However, we only ship to the USA and Canada (Ebay items 48 contiguous United States only). I got tired years ago of getting lit up on some forums for shipping costs, and I own no stock in either the post office or UPS! Beyond my control.

Getting ready (in a couple of days) to list a Buick Riv dual quad set-up, and following that, a Caddy dual quad set.

Jon.

Edited by carbking (see edit history)

2 hours ago, carbking said:

Len - actually, you can.

From the main page of ebay, in the upper right corner is the blue "Search" button. Just to the right is the tag "Advanced"

Click on "Advanced"

Scroll close to the bottom and you will see a large page-wide box entitled "Sellers"

In that large box you will see a small box entitled "Only show items from"

Place a checkmark in the small box

That will open a white box entitled "specific sellers" where you can enter the username.

OR, 362398523524 :)

Hidden hunter - we have about 15 not totally identified Cadillac Johnson V-8 carbs, plus a couple of sets of V-12/V-16 Caddy Johnsons. The V-8 units are difficult for me to completely identify.

If you can, post a picture showing throttle arm, and any markings on the castings. Will check WHEN IT COOLS OFF! These are located in an un-air-conditioned warehouse, and it is hot in Missouri (Misery) ;)

However, we only ship to the USA and Canada (Ebay items 48 contiguous United States only). I got tired years ago of getting lit up on some forums for shipping costs, and I own no stock in either the post office or UPS! Beyond my control.

Getting ready (in a couple of days) to list a Buick Riv dual quad set-up, and following that, a Caddy dual quad set.

Jon.

I'll grab some photos when I get a chance, the top cover on mine is a bit cracked.

I think the heater jacket on these are interchangable - it's listed as an accessory for earlier cars and the earlier cars were water driven (so might be easier to block)

I wouldn't light you up for costs, I'm used to being reamed on shipping to Australia - but I can understand the challenge. I normally just use a package forwarding business that send it on (and take a nice chunk for themselves)

14 hours ago, carbking said:

So, I am listing carbs on Ebay. The present order of how they are listed is basically the ones that are most in the way ;)

Jon.

Keep looking for that AAV-1 rear carb for a 1941 Buick 60-70-90 buried in the pile.

To the gentleman needing the LaSalle carb from 1940, I checked and am sold out.

We now have active a factory Buick dual quad, a factory Cadillac dual quad, an aftermarket Chevrolet dual quad with a Creitz intake, a factory Ford tripower, as well as a number of rebuilding kits including a SUPER kit for a 1941~1948 Chevrolet 6 with Carter W-1.

Please bookmark our auctions, hopefully will be listing stuff for the next several years (unless someone would like to get in the carburetor business).;)

Jon.

Ron - the Stromberg LB, LS, and OS carburetors, along with the Zenith HP series, are virtually impossible to keep in stock. They are highly sought after by enthusiasts building "retro race cars" world wide. They are all really good period carburetors, and side-draft in construction. We have been out of most of these for years. Most of them went to Europe.

Thanks for asking.

EDIT: Don't remember ever selling an OS-2 to a Kissel owner. Have sold a couple to the Ford T enthusiasts, for use with a Frontenac cylinder head, but generally they sell in multiples. The folks building a 4 cylinder want 2 matching ones, and the folks building an inline 6 want 3 matching ones.

Just as a suggestion, you might, in your travels, pick up other versions of the Stromberg and Zenith side-drafts (I don't remember anyone who has tried to use 2 Schebler model R's ;) ) Really difficult to match 2 or especially 3. You might be able to do some trading with some of the folks building these things. So far, no one (other than the Frontenac folks) have wanted a specific side-draft; they just wanted side-drafts.

Jon.

Edited by carbking (see edit history)

Thanks Jon,

Early Kissel 6-45 engines from about 1921 used Stromberg LB-2 side-draft carbs, while Kissel 6-45 and 6-55 engines from mid-1923 to 1925 used Stromberg OS-2 Carbs. Stromberg OC-2 carbs can also interchange but are left-handed rather than right. The OS-2 and OC-2 are wonderful to tune!

Last year I was contacted by an antique race car guy from Germany who bought a spare OC-2 and OS-2 that I had - now I wish I didn't sell them!

Do you have spare "flow equalizers" for any of the Stromberg O-series carbs ?? I suspect that these might be interchangeable regardless of size designation, and the original pot-metal ones usually deteriorate. I have an OS-2 body with one such bad "Flow equalizer" part. a new part would fix it.

Thanks, RON.

On 7/31/2018 at 5:09 PM, carbking said:

Jon.

Do you have one for a 1929 Buick? Thx!