Looking to identify cowl lights in order to sell

one hammer head

As I noted in another post - I am doing some cleaning up around my workshop and found these cowl lights.  I suspect that they are from a car in the 'teens' due to the way the lights attach to the mounts. The lens has a couple of numbers on it:  1008 and L-299.  The diameter of the lens out of the light is approximately 3 5/8".

Thanks for any info you can provide.  Jay Self

IMG_1086.JPG

IMG_1087.JPG

IMG_1088.JPG

IMG_1089.JPG

IMG_1090.JPG

IMG_1091.JPG

I felt that the brackets looked very specific with the 'notch' to allow for another piece of trim to run perpendicular to the cowl light mounting.  Thanks for your reply - really hope that some one that has a pair already and knows what they are for will speak up at some point also  Jay

9 minutes ago, one hammer head said:

I felt that the brackets looked very specific with the 'notch' to allow for another piece of trim to run perpendicular to the cowl light mounting.  Thanks for your reply - really hope that some one that has a pair already and knows what they are for will speak up at some point also  Jay

The notches are probably so that the trim fits over a belt molding.

14 minutes ago, Hans1 said:

look like 1929 Hudson or Essex

Those are a little different as the notch on the Essex and Hudsons are not at the base of the stem like the items in question.

1929 Essex cowl lamp.jpg