NEW 18” wheels

DaveC6970

Finally, after 4 years, I found a set of wheels that I like and more importantly fit. They are American Legend Racer wheels, 18x7 front, 18x8 rear. I ordered them directly from the manufacturer and they were nice enough to open up the center bore for me. I almost went with the full polished version but decided the gray centered would look good with the silver paint. I have no affiliation with them, but great folks to work with and wheels were reasonably priced. -Dave

AC5DDE7A-B063-41B1-95D8-A3650D8B7E05.jpeg

D6A60AF5-2A38-4DBF-8C69-D56C4B2AD743.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, PWB said:

Wow, they are the best after markets I’ve seen on a first gen. 

Most other aftermarket wheels are terrible IMO.

Very nice ? 

no rubs on tight turns?

No rubbing issues, but the fronts while wider than stock, are also shorter than stock tires so that may help.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 60FlatTop said:

That's a really good combination that all came together just right. I like them a lot.

Bernie

Thanks Bernie!

23 minutes ago, RockinRiviDad said:

What tire size did u buy?

Is your ride lowered with shorter springs or are u riding on bags?

225/50 R18 front, 235/55 R18 rear, Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 through Tire Rack.

Its on 2” drop springs from Coil Spring Specialties.

24 minutes ago, NC68Riviera said:

Looks great! What are the full specs of the wheels, including offset? How much were the centers opened up?

Thanks for sharing!

18x7 w/4.25 backspace front, 18x8 w/4.5 backspace rear.

centerbore was 87mm to clear the 3.375 hubs.

Almost went with 18x9 rears but the backspace went to 5.25 and space for the exhaust is tight enough.

These are 1 piece cast wheels so I couldn’t choose the offsets.

Its been mentioned on the forum before, but if you go the billet route and choose your offset, you could get a wide wheel under the back. 

Hope this helps -Dave

• Like 2

DAVEC6970 has inspired me to think about 18" wheels for The Aqua Zephyr.

I was playing with some images of Boze Forged Flex5 wheels and super imposed them onto pictures of The Aqua Zephyr. I wish I had better pictures of the silver version of the wheels as I think I would like those better than the matte black. The black does look pretty awesome though!

Riviera-flex5-matte-black-front-rear.thumb.jpg.e17bcb91793083662963594522fe384e.jpg

Riviera-flex5-chrome-front-rear.thumb.jpg.0acab4cedad414a8ebe2c1fd5dd1bca1.jpg

Edited by NC68Riviera (see edit history)

3 hours ago, NC68Riviera said:

DAVEC6970 has inspired me to think about 18" wheels for The Aqua Zephyr.

I was playing with some images of Boze Forged Flex5 wheels and super imposed them onto pictures of The Aqua Zephyr. I wish I had better pictures of the silver version of the wheels as I think I would like those better than the matte black. The black does look pretty awesome though!

Riviera-flex5-matte-black-front-rear.thumb.jpg.e17bcb91793083662963594522fe384e.jpg

Riviera-flex5-chrome-front-rear.thumb.jpg.0acab4cedad414a8ebe2c1fd5dd1bca1.jpg

Mike, are these silver or are they polished? Black looks good and matches the top. The polished lip breaks the wheel up from the sidewall of the tire. Second picture wheels looks polished. I think that makes these wheels look heavy and too much bling for this car. Just my opinion. A subtle gray or silver would give the car a more subdued look. Or something will a narrower spoke.

• Like 1

I’m with steeleman, I like the black ones.

I guess I’m like some women (and men) with shoes, I don’t think you can have to many sets of wheels. I still want a set of Supremes with whitewalls for when that mood strikes....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steelman said:

Mike, are these silver or are they polished? Black looks good and matches the top. The polished lip breaks the wheel up from the sidewall of the tire. Second picture wheels looks polished. I think that makes these wheels look heavy and too much bling for this car. Just my opinion. A subtle gray or silver would give the car a more subdued look. Or something will a narrower spoke.

Boze will apply any color of finish you desire. 

I have to agree that a darker silver would be better.