NEW OIL FILTER NEEDED

This is the oil filter on my 1933 Dodge, I need a new one because I am sure this filter is in need of replacement.

I am not sure how many miles these filters go before having to be changed, car has 36,000 miles on engine. not sure when last was changed. 

the engine is a 1953 Dodge 230, can anyone point me in the right direction to get a new filter? 

20180326_213402.jpg

20180326_213405.jpg

20180326_213414.jpg

28 minutes ago, Uptowndodge said:

I have around 8 nos ones at home I'll shoot you a pic and if you want one I'll take $30

MAN, that would be really helpful. where are you located? I am in San Diego. my filter has holes TOP AND BOTTOM. 

Would any of these help you?

1 Chryco oil filter red with decal

2 Atlas C20 filter gold with decal

3 Atlas C20 filter gold with decal

4 Champ C ½ red with box

5 Handi black with box

6 ??? grey with bracket

7 Atlas inlet and outlet on opposite ends

According to listings on ebay these filters replace L 93, Chryso 861028; Ace X1/2; PB ½ P; AC P21; Purolator PER ½; and WIX WF1/2.

According to the label on the Champion box this filter C-1/2 replaces: AC-W1, 3, 7, 10, 13, 21; XG1, 2; XJ1; XN1;, 2; XP1, 2; Purolator EA4; E1/2; EA1/2; EF1/2; SA1/2; SAC1/2, SNC1/2; Champion 303. Fram P1/2. Pic 25; C5; D5.

WIX WF5 white with decal.

11.jpg

21.jpg

31.jpg

Replacement can filters were widely available a few years back but seem to have been obsoleted recently. I would recommend finding a replacement cartridge unit which makes changing the filters easier and the replacement cartridges are easier to locate.

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 7:24 AM, Sactownog said:

YES, thank you, what would you be willing to part with the WIX WF-5 filter, that looks like the current one I have. 

Yes, I would part with any or all of them.  You probably didn't notice that the WIX WF-5 is about 1/3 the size of the others.  It is 3 1/2 wide and 4 1/4 tall.

The link to the AC filter on ebay provided some very useful info for me.  We have a customer at the shop who owns a restored 1949 International KB2 and it has the "hang-on" oil filter setup.  Both fittings on the short length of tubing between the bottom of the filter and the engine block were seeping oil.  It seems that changing the filter can cause leaks because the brass fittings take an impression of the tubing flare (especially if over-tightened) and upon reinstallation a slight mismatch between the fitting and the pipe causes a leak.  Well that ebay auction included a pic of a "caution" illustration describing how you install a short screw in the elbow fitting at the bottom of the filter before trying to unscrew it from the filter.  It keeps the soft brass elbow from distorting or collapsing.  Very helpful info!

On 7/27/2018 at 11:23 PM, Uptowndodge said:

Sack, what you want to do? Get one these guys are recommending or get one $20-$39 cheaper? Nice guys that see me offering you one for $30 and yet they feel like helping you out with a tip of the day. I don't get Mopar bro's!!!!

Money order arrived sending out hinges Today,

thanks Ruben

Steve

well after looking for a while for a new replacement filter, I found an OIL Filter Canister off a 1934 Dodge pickup at a local wrecking yard, I restored the can and painted it, got a new filter and got it hooked up to the same location the old filter was on. lots of cursing later, and here is what it now looks like. 

20180812_140421.jpg

• Like 3

I still have the original air filter bath that was on the motor, it is large round and black. I like it but it constantly leaves oil around the rim of the carburetor and is very restrictive. 

I usually only put it on for shows, but I cruise around San Diego with the screen filter. it also makes a cool sound now. :)