Jump to content

40th Concours d'elegance of America PHOTOS


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Brass is Best said:

The 40th Concours d'elegance of America will be help Sunday at The Inn as St' John's in Plymouth Michigan.

 

Link to show: http://concoursusa.org/

Are you going?  I will have my 1913 Cole in Circle A at the event.  The weather looks great for the weekend.  There should be lots of wonderful autos there as always!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kfle said:

Are you going?  I will have my 1913 Cole in Circle A at the event.  The weather looks great for the weekend.  There should be lots of wonderful autos there as always!  

 

Very cool! I am taking my 1958 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special. Looking forward to a great show.

58cad24.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I consider the Kellner Bodied Royale the greatest car of all time.

 

So,  the naming goes "Meadowbrook" to "St. John's" to "Concours of America"?    I have gone twice.

 

1.  First time was when it was still Meadowbrook.  I had a crowd of people around me when it was time to tool over to the trophy line.   I got nervous and only flipped 5 of the 6 switches needed to start the car.  That was really humiliating.   No video of that thankfully.

 

2. Second time it was now called St. Johns and my car had to be towed on and off the field.   There is a video of that:

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Rollston convertible coupe Duesenberg has always been one of my favorites.  The low raked windshield combined with a long wheel base chassis just looks right to me.  It is nice to see it out again, it seems like decades since I saw it last. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 4Hud said:

Wow. That is goood stuff. An Oldsmobile Limited, I guess one doesn't see too many of those out in the sunlight these days.

Yes, that Oldsmobile limited sure was a beauty!  I was surprised that it didn't win an award in the class.  There was also a great Pope Hartford next to it that did win an award.  A 1903 Packard won best in class for the gas light class.  

Olds.jpg

1903packard.thumb.jpg.e439daa6c516d3d81f857497f35373d9.jpgpope.jpg

Edited by kfle (see edit history)
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I see Sam Mann brought a few of his awesome cars.  That Chrysler makes my top 20 prewar American list.  The Delage could be a PB BOS candidate.

 

But I'm going to go back to the Royale.  Somebody tell me any car ever made that tops that?

 

 

THF136899.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 8E45E said:

I wonder if that Stanley Steamer mountain wagon belonged to someone in Edmonton in the 1970's.

 

Craig

Right on the running board you can see a sign for  Gull Lake Transportation company.  Apparently it was used as transportation on Gull Lake in Michigan for it's life.  Gull lake was the wealthy vacation home place in West Michigan in the early 1900's.  

 

Edited by kfle (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kfle said:

Right on the running board you can see a sign for  Gull Lake Transportation company.  Apparently it was used as transportation on Gull Lake in Michigan for it's life.  Gull lake was the wealthy vacation home place in West Michigan in the early 1900's.  

 

Thanks for the information.  The last time I saw the mountain wagon in Edmonton was in 1979.  So for sh!ts & giggles, I Googled 'Stanley steamer mountain wagon' along with the Edmonton owner's name and got this very interesting website:  http://www.stanleyregister.net/MW.html  According to that website, his was chassis #6600.

 

Craig

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 8E45E said:

Thanks for the information.  The last time I saw the mountain wagon in Edmonton was in 1979.  So for sh!ts & giggles, I Googled 'Stanley steamer mountain wagon' along with the Edmonton owner's name and got this very interesting website:  http://www.stanleyregister.net/MW.html  According to that website, his was chassis #6600.

 

Craig

That is a great website!  There are way more of those than I ever would have thought.  Awesome vehicle though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought a 30HP Stanley rear axle about 20 years ago at the Bennington Vt. swap meet. A contractor found it digging with a backhoe. Carl Amsley would up with it and built a Stanley Mountain Wagon out of it. Bob 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...