A Better Way To Search

Hi,

I have a 1938 Buick, so most of the help I need is in the Pre-War forum.  But I don'y see how I am able to limit my search results to just that forum.  When I use the main search field, I get site wide answers.

Is there a way to filter by forum?

Thanks,

Tom

• Like 1

When I click on the search box (in Chrome), a pop up menu allows several options including "everywhere" or "this forum". The option of searching only "this forum" should do what you are looking for. 

• Thanks 1

itstom, another way to search for specific items from the forum is to google it using      site:forums.aaca.org      at the end of whatever you are looking for. For example it you want to look for info related to rear ends, in google type in        1938 buick rear end site:forums.aaca.org  

and here is what that got me

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1&biw=1366&bih=631&ei=obtZW9-UH_C7tgXKqr-oAQ&q=1938+buick+rear+end+AACA+forum+site%3Aforums.aaca.org&oq=1938+buick+rear+end+AACA+forum+site%3Aforums.aaca.org&gs_l=psy-ab.12...0.0.0.373997.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1..64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.atLu57hlqus

let us know how it works for you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
19 hours ago, MCHinson said:

When I click on the search box (in Chrome), a pop up menu allows several options including "everywhere" or "this forum". The option of searching only "this forum" should do what you are looking for. 

Thanks, I thought I had seen this before, now I realize what happens.  Once you search a term, I guess you are no longer in a forum. but rather you are on a "search results" page.  To conduct another forum specific search you need to revisit the forum and re-select "this forum" from the drop down list.  A bit cumbersome, but better than sifting through all the Riviera posts to learn about the trim code for my '38.

Thanks for the tips,

Tom

• Thanks 2
  • 6 months later...