New to me 91 ac question

Kevin M

So I just picked up my new to me 91 and ran fine all the way home. But I did something to the ac controls and now it won’t go down. So it’s stuck blowing at 90 all vents work. I don’t have a Manual so don’t know where to start looking at this issue. Thank all

I believe the HVAC controls are the same as the '90. Are you saying the requested interior temperature is stuck at 90* and will not change with the temperature down switch? I have seen a similar problem where the temperature would only go down but not up and that was caused by dirty contacts inside the control unit in the dash. It likely needs to be taken apart and the contacts under the buttons cleaned.

Edit: I tried to link to the ROJ tutorials for the instructions but it gave error 404?

Edited by 2seater (see edit history)

7 minutes ago, 2seater said:

I tried to link to the ROJ tutorials for the instructions but it gave error 404?

Here is the tutorial I think you were looking for   How To Clean 1990 Climate Control Panel    

ROJ crashed a few weeks ago and I had to rebuild the menu.  Any old bookmarks you have are probably bad now. Sorry.   

I doubt just spraying is unlikely to fix the problem. The contact is under a membrane and the best, and long lasting repair, is to take it apart and manually clean the contacts.

Thanks Ronnie, it is my old bookmark for ROJ.

• Like 1