57 4dr hardtop, not mine

NC-car-guy

Not mine, not far from my house though if anyone needs me to go look, or pick it up.

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1957-buick-with-364-nailhead/6652947077.html

00n0n_kHBOGM0HX5S_600x450.jpg

ad text

1957 Buick with 364 Nailhead V8, automatic trans and 4 barrel carburetor.

**Does not run** Restoration project, or for parts. You will need to haul it out if you want the whole car. Currently looking for title.

Car and engine are both complete and intact, but not running. Car has been sitting for years. All of the windows are intact, and most of the moldings are in good shape as well. 

Selling for a friend, but we'll answer whatever questions I can.

$1000 
Call or text Jim, info above

☎ (919) 669-6079

31 minutes ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

The seller doesn't say in the ad, but the car

is a large-series (Super or Roadmaster) 4-door hardtop.

I mention this to help the Buick fan who sees this posting

after the original ad has expired.

Thanks!  I'm not skilled in 57s.  If I had the cash, I'd go get this one...

Edited by wndsofchng06 (see edit history)

better carry some wheels and tires to swap out for loading when you go Matt. and be ready to cut the brakes from the rear of the backing plate to get them to release. or take some Crisco for slickin up the ramps and trailer deck . and don't let him talk you into buying one of those old Ford trucks. I know you've been eyeing them?

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

I went and looked at this car yesterday for anybody that is curious it is much worse in person. I responded individually to folks that sent me a PM. The car has been down on the ground and the back bumper ends in the front bumper guards are all rotted away. The doors are locked and stuck a new key is available all the side glass is either fogged or cracked.  My neighbor and I will break out the worst of the side windows to try to gain access to inside the car. Looks to me like there is a usable driver only quality rear windshield, Possibly usable power window parts inside the doors. The power steering center Of the steering wheel looks in nice shape but most of the dashboard looks a little pitted. Both tail lights are broken all the X ternal doorhandles are pitted. The bottoms of the doors are all shot.  It was really sad and honestly even I wouldn’t have dragged it home. 

• 7 months later...

Ok guys.... I dropped the ball here. The opportunity to buy the whole car is back.  Its about 3 miles from me. As before, the body is shot! With the whole car up for grabs this now opens up a 364, power steering, power brakes, etc.  I've gone back and forth with him and hes firm at $1k.  I'd need a lil' money for going to get it and taking it apart.....any desire for bigger items?