Show us your Buick Posters

Found on Craigslist. Shipping cost ended up being twice the price of the poster. The poster is framed in a heavy wood frame with plexiglass and the poster appears to be in perfect condition. A note from the seller states 

I got the poster from the retired Service Manager of Haydocy Buick, Columbus, OH.  The dealership is family-owned and was started in 1954 (the year of the poster).  It hung in the original dealership for a number of years and was given to the Service Manager as a gift.  Don't remember the name or address, but the Service Manager lives in Granville, OH.

The poster is huge at 38 x 48 so guess I’ll have to wait until the BS&SG is finished in order to have a wall to hang it, as all the walls in the “54 Buick Headquarters are full. 
Got a different year post like this ? Please share it with us 

C665AD26-FB29-476C-9334-DDF96D4E8470.jpeg

B778AAAE-012E-4F9B-BE47-7F4473A873CE.jpeg

9C142849-68F8-4D39-AAD8-C27FA94D54D6.jpeg7AC4D2A6-4551-451F-8695-CB98B616CD17.jpeg
E0654050-601A-4E75-A9C7-3EC88240E85C.jpeg
D917B2AA-64E6-44F4-BC76-A1E6B5945C47.jpeg
92CD4C7C-BBD5-4E23-84CA-7C569BDB02EB.jpeg

• Like 7

I can see why,  Alot of Customers were GI's that fought in the war and Buick Didn't want them to Forget they were doing their part.  Buick even made a big brochure showing it's effort during the war years.  There were a couple.  Cadillac made one as well and featured Cadillac Employee Obituaries in the back. 

• Like 1

Here's a pair that were saved from the dumpster when London Motor Products in London, Ontario changed hands (I worked there for 42 years). The first dates to 1963 with the introduction of the Riviera. It's hard to photograph a print with plate glass over it.

The second came out with the introduction of the Reatta.

Buick posters 001.JPG

Buick Reatta dealer print.JPG

Edited by J.H.Boland (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This one's a reproduction of a 1929 dealer poster that I bought off Ebay from England. I don't know how many are out there but this is the only one I've seen. Again,tricky to photograph behind lexan without glare.Measures 32" x 23".

1929 Buick poster 001.JPG

• Like 3

13 hours ago, J.H.Boland said:

Here's a pair that were saved from the dumpster when London Motor Products in London, Ontario changed hands (I worked there for 42 years). The first dates to 1963 with the introduction of the Riviera. It's hard to photograph a print with plate glass over it.

The second came out with the introduction of the Reatta.

Buick posters 001.JPG

Buick Reatta dealer print.JPG

Thanks for posting those JH. Approximately what size is the one with the 63 Rivi?

I know there is one similar to the '54 one for 1953, are there other years that are similar

Not Quite posters but in my purchasing literature collections,  I bought these 18 by 21 inch transparencies.  Sorry for the bad pictures.  I'm working on a box to light them up in,  using an LED nightlight to light it so I don't have to worry about heat.  I have everything to do it but the time to actually build it. I have some aged prefinished Oak flooring for the frame and a little Stainless counter top edging to trim it out,  so it looks vintage. These are the 67 ones.  I only have 2 of the 59's.  I might sell off the 67's as my heart is more in the 50's and earlier stuff. 

IMG_7016.JPG

IMG_7017.JPG

IMG_7018.JPG

IMG_7019.JPG

IMG_7020.JPG

IMG_7021.JPG

• Like 1

Looks like it will let me post them now.  Though there are a few scratches on the 59's,  they will look pretty cool lit up in my office and I get to change them out once in a while if I get bored with them. I'll post a photo with the box one I get it built and lit.

IMG_7022.JPG

IMG_7023.JPG

IMG_7024.JPG

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Thanks for posting those JH. Approximately what size is the one with the 63 Rivi?

I know there is one similar to the '54 one for 1953, are there other years that are similar

It's about 18" X 20". I haven't seen any other years.1963 was Buick's 60th year.

Jim

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

Looks like it will let me post them now.  Though there are a few scratches on the 59's,  they will look pretty cool lit up in my office and I get to change them out once in a while if I get bored with them. I'll post a photo with the box one I get it built and lit.

IMG_7022.JPG

Wow, those are nice!!! Be sure to start a new thread about them when you get the display case built

7 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

IMG_7023.JPG

IMG_7024.JPG

I just got a batch of literature in today and in there was this 1950 Poster.  It's single sided so it's a poster and not a brochure. 

Also a little teaser for my display box I have almost completed.  Two LED nightlights light it up really well.  Here it is with one to give you an idea of how it looks.  My daughter needed the other one back for the night. :) Off to the Hardware tomorrow to buy another one and a couple of hinges to finish the display.   Best of all with the night lights ,  no heat to warp the transparencies and according to the box only cost pennies a year to operate plus they turn off and on automatically when it's day or night. 

IMG_7530.JPG

IMG_7528.JPG

• Like 1

So here are some pictures of the in progress Buick transparency display.  This turned out to be one of those projects that should have been banged out in a couple hours and probably took closer to 10 before it was done.  The wood I wanted to use was too short (barely).  The second I decided on was an old piece of molding I harvested from somewhere but I only had the one piece.  If I had planned just a tad more in the beginning I would have had just enough.  I had no choice but to add the extension corners,  which though they actually look pretty good were a real pain to get assembled.  

The rest is just some ripped up pine I had laying around.  

I originally intended to just make the images slide in and out,  but after a bunch of thinking,  I couldn't come up with a way to make it all work,  so I arrived on a cover that would be hinged to change them out easily.  

I still ned to face the front with something.  I have  some cool countertop edging from the 50's but may use a wood molding instead as nothing else is metal for a finish on it.  When I was rushing the assembly One nail I used to tack the corners while the glue was setting,  blew out the front as it's a very narrow rim to nail into.  

Even the wood backing proved to be a problem.  I couldn't find a piece of 1/8 inch plywood for it around the house so I used a piece of 1/2 inch and had to route both it and the back of the display to fit properly.  

With it all together I suppose it came out OK.

I still need to pick a finish of some sort.

For electrical to light it up,  I used a pair of LED nightlights ($5) plugged into a ($5) extension cord with a few cable clamps to hold them in place.  I had to buy the catch and the hinges so another $7 and this is what you get as I had the screws and what not already. With 2 night lights it looks pretty good at night and will shut off in the day by itself. 

IMG_8590.JPG

IMG_8591.JPG

IMG_8592.JPG

IMG_8593.JPG

IMG_8594.JPG

IMG_8595.JPG

Here are most of the Buick ones.....sorry about the shots, some are crooked to eliminate glare,  and several are behind the stair railing.....my daughter may be right, I need to get rid of some "stuff"

xray.jpg

XX.jpg

xxxxx.jpg

fender.jpg

1989GR.jpg

Y.jpg

stairs.jpg

DSCN1045.JPG

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Found this a couple of years ago at Bendigo Swap Meet. (Victoria, Australia). Is a black and white print that cost about 1/10th of the cost to have it framed!

Not sure what the gloved hand with the fencing sword represents ( perhaps razor sharp styling) but it takes pride of place in our snug lounge room.

Quirky!

Rodney 😎😎😎😎😎😎😎

151D5191-EEF5-4149-819D-3F0579FAC6D3.jpeg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...