Model A coupe ?

Steven Ford

I dragged this body home on the weekend. No identifying tags etc and it looks to be on a Chev chassis. The guy I got it from reckons its Hupp - can anyone confirm this from the pictures? If it is then I am after the dimensions and profile details for returning it to rumble seat configuration as that pick up bed just has to go!!

Cheers

Steve

IMG_20180722_172226 copy.gif

IMG_20180722_172235 copy.gif

IMG_20180722_172243 copy.gif

IMG_20180722_172321 copy.gif

After a lot of looking at photographs of Hupmobile coupes I am almost certain that what I have is Hupp of around 1927. Can anyone provide detail of what the back should look like along with some dimensions etc?

I assume wheelbase on coupes and roadsters were shorter than sedans and tourers (this is about a foot shorter than my R models) so I will need to source a frame with running gear along with hood and radiator. The first thing to do is make the body sound as it has no wooden frame worth keeping.

My initial thoughts are to get a Model A Ford rumble lid and hinges etc from Snyders and rebuild around that but I am not sure how it would work out regarding curvature amongst other things. So I believe the best option would be to go as close as possible to what Hupp did and fabricate the lot so I need something for comparison, Nothing available locally to look at!

Steve