(#18) What is it? Identify that car!We recently received a...

tumblr_pbb07bs2jq1rkxyk6o1_500.jpg

(#18) What is it? Identify that car!

We recently received a massive collection of prewar car photographs. We are equipped to identify cars in photographs. Due to the volume of unidentified images, we decided to try something new….and something that is hopefully fun for you!

Do you think you have what it takes to ID the vehicle(s) in the image? If so, please give us the make and model year and, whenever possible, the reasons why you believe your identification is correct. Some vehicles will be easier to identify than others, but we will share them all with you regardless. After we receive some guesses, we will check our available resources to see how you did. Good luck!

View the full article

That is a seriously BIG roadster. It makes the woman look quite small, even though I think she is at least of average or above average height.

I have hunted through my Floyd Clymer's Catalog of 1914 Cars and found nothing which is a match for all of the features. 

These include;-

-  ten spoke front wheels with only five bolts in the hub

- rear wheels with only six hub bolts

- what appear to be different size wheels front and rear - maybe 36 x 4 on the front and 36 x 4 1/2 on the rear - and only six rim bolts per wheel

- looong wheelbase - at least 130" I reckon

- that particular style of hood louvres and the head lamps of that shape in that location (height of mounting)

- the curve of the front fender and the various pressings in the valance between the body and running board

- the cowl, which looks to be from the one year, for most manufacturers, when they mounted the cowl lamps in the front of the cowl.

I guess the date at 1913 or maybe 1914, not before or after.

The closest I have found is Winton, for the radiator and head lamp position, but they appear to have used 12 spoke front wheels and different shape front fenders.