1914 Grant Transmission Needed

Chris Paulsen

We're excited to have this wonderful car....but it is missing some parts. We're in need of a transmission, driveshaft and radius rods. It's a transaxle, so if any extras exist, it would probably be a complete unit. I'd be glad to hear of any Grant parts that might be available. If I can come up with photos of what the parts look like, rather than the missing parts on our car, I will post them.

need.jpg

need-2.jpg

need-3.jpg

need-4.jpg

The sad thing is most likely the clutch and gears are setting on a shelf or in a box with someone associated with the museum. The gearbox looks clean ...someone was working on the car and the parts never got put back with the car.

Thanks for the tip. I'm waiting for more pictures of the Grant for sale to see if it has any of the parts we need. It sounds like they are missing.

Our Grant went into the museum in 1950. From the looks of the inside of the transmission case, it has been apart longer than that. My guess is that it broke circa 1918-20 and was taken apart and never put back together.

• 1 month later...

Chris,

If that nice little Grant was in my shop I would unrivet that transaxle and replace the center section with a more common differential. Im thing Overland?? You would end up with a period repair and nobody would be to the wiser or care. It would be a more economical repair as well. Just my opinion... 

Edited by mikewest (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Chris, If you are still out there, and still looking, try Denny Long of Beavercreek, Ohio. He has several early Grants, and lots of parts. He is a member of this forum, so you ought to be able to find him here and send him a message. Good luck.