BlueDevil

1931 Chrysler CM Headlights

Can anyone tell me the correct headlights for a 1931 Chrysler CM? I think they are CM Hall Depressed beam but don't know the correct part # or description, size etc.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

Distinguishing features are the ridges running from the rim to the back on the top and sides (I don't know about the bottom.

p921170668-3.jpg

image.thumb.png.c2b78655979c14a8c4462b5db31836d8.png

This is from a Roadster for sale for a lot of money. You should be able to find more...

Posting information here if anyone needs it.

Here is the information that I gathered for the Model CM Headlights when trying to find my own pair:

CM Hall Depress Beam Headlamps

Buckets: (according to the 1928-1935 Motors Handbook, Page 200) are part number 268-A for the Black Painted Bucket Assembly, or 268-B for Chrome Bucket Assembly. The assembly would have included the lamps, the reflectors, the wiring, and the doors. The Chrome buckets were an option if the 'customer' paid extra for them. Overall Diameter of the bucket is approximately 9.25". The Chrysler 8's had larger buckets, and had adjustment screws on the back of the bucket.

Glass: Depressed Beam Glass Part Number H-12941- A Flat Glass, with Interior Lens Diameter of 7 63/64", Total Outside Diameter of 8 3/4". The notch is at the 180 degree mark (or the bottom) of the glass.

Reflectors: Originally these have a silvered finish, approximately 9.25" Wide.

Doors: Doors (or the parts that held the lens to the bucket, and allowed for changing the light bulbs) were about 9.25" Wide, and had raised 'beading' on the 90 degree, and 270 degree points on the bucket. The top had a flared out point at the 0 degree portion. The doors are connected by a tab from the reflector sticking out the top (at the 0 degree mark), and were connected at the bottom by a screw 'z' clip style attachment. 

Plug: The Electrical whip connection was made with a double contact headlamp plug, number 6212. Haven't been able to find this exact part.

Lightbulb: It used headlight bulb Mazda 1000

Lastly, I believe the 1932 Chrysler 6 Cylinder Models (CI 6 Models) had the exact same bucket, doors, reflectors, plugs and bulbs. The only difference is that they used glass part number H-13464, which was a convexed glass.

• Like 1

I believe I have a set packed for Hershey they came off a 1932 CI 6 which I too think is same as 1931 Chrysler CM 6 

My Space is CH74-CH78 Chocolate Field South