Sandblasting in Louisiana in July

What in the world am I thinking?  It seems that my restoration projects always come down to doing the most taxing chores when the heat index is about 108 degrees F.  

The sandblasting was delayed because when I went to set up I found that termites had invaded the truck box where I store my sandblasting stuff and not only ate the bags the sand came in, but then made their nests in the sand.  I always screen the sand I use, but some of the organic material from the nests got through. The termites only ate the bags that were underneath, so I didn't notice any damage in the times that I had been in that storage area.

Anybody want to take a guess as to what make and year that chassis is?  Here's a hint --- I have strayed from the fold and this chassis did not start life in South Bend, IN.  Some of the usual suspects on this forum are not eligible b cause I have told them of this folly

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Tom - Greetings from Germany. - We are cruising down the Rhine and delighted to be out of the heat back home in Arlington TX.  I'm surprised no one has responded with a guess.  Since I know the make I'll refrain from proving an answer.  Did the motor for you found in Oklahoma provide you with the parts you were missing?

Edited by Cowtown Commander (see edit history)