Raymond E. Holland Automotive Art Collection

Reading the July-Aug, 1989 issue of Antique Automobile, I saw an elaborate article on the Raymond E. Holland Automotive Art Collection. Today, almost 30 years later, I could find nothing about the  collection. The building which housed the museum until 1994 is for sale, complete with the track lighting and display cases. It was mentioned that the collection was "now in California," but I couldn't find where. 

Anyone know what happened to this collection?

Phil

Yes, most of it was sold unfortunately.  I recently tried to track the history of a piece I purchased that was once a part of the collection and learned that some of the items went to France so believe the collection was actually split up several different directions.   Fabulous stuff and I enjoy the book that featured some of the items.  My wife accuses of me using it as a "check-list."  

I can recall when this collection was being assembled.   I found an amazing early smokers set in a London antique shop and was told it was not for sale.  It was being held for an American dealer in early motoring items.  When I asked who it was I was shown Carlie Schalebaum's card.  That piece is in the book of the Ray Holland collection.  I think Charlie had a big part in building that collection, but there wasn't an auction anywhere where a beginner like me on a Navy budget could buy anything.  When my friend Bill Gottschalk passed away and his fine automobilia collection was sold I distinctly remember bidding in the room being pretty heavy-duty.  Ray Holland's buyer simply held his paddle in the air until everyone else quit.  

It would be interesting to know more about the collection today.  Wonder what remains of it and if it's in private hands or on display some place.

Terry