Manual Headlights question

dukeofo

This is how I did it....

Go around 45 mph, and turn the lights on. The air speed should open the headlights. Once they are open, pull over, pop the hood and there is a relay center right behind the driver side headlight....open the relay center and pull the to 15 amp fuses. Each fuse controls 1 headlight motor. Problem solved.

Dennis, If it is on your coupe, why don't you just sell me the car and I will fix it....(Nancy wants a blue coupe)

Sounds like the units are pretty bad, you might be able to make a hook with a coat hanger and by lifting on the headlight door and hooking the hanger on the arm, get them open. Once open you can.....(1) unplug the connection at the headlight motor, (2) pull the fuse.

Hope you are feeling better..

Well I learned a long long time ago, what ever the Lady wants..... but she will have to arm wrestle Cooper the Sheltie and Margaret who's a bit tougher..... unless you can find her that perfect 85 burgandy riviera convertible. Then she would trade MY littl blue coupe.

I will try the fuse thingie first because I have a trip this weekend, then when I get back on feet financially wise, I'll try fixin them.

They try to come up and in fact when Margaret or I lift up on them when lightswitch is engaged, they work and stay there. thoughts??

Did I mention that I'm a lousy mechanic??

hmmmmm was just thinking..... would I be risking the coupe if I brought it to Flint in July???? grin.gif