1920's Dodge? wooden spoke wheel brake drums

harvest

found these on a stone row at a friends house. there is 2 different style drums.  the wood spokes are gone. I think these might be dodge 1920's heavy duty truck?  hate to see them go to junk pile, maybe someone has a need but would like to know what they are from?  thank you for your time.

IMG_9476.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Some cars in the 1920s had internal expanding brake on the back;  often as handbrake  in conjunction with external contracting footbrake on the outside of this sort of drum, but with internal expanding on the front.    Even the first model Chrysler 6 cyl  of about 1924-5, the B model I think, had this arrangement with hydraulic brakes all round. It was much prettier and more desireable  than the next model with the "ribbon" Radiator. In 1964 when I worked in a business that did fabricated engineering work, there was a young bloke who was the most dangerous driver I ever knew.  In the same town a pensioner had one of those Chryslers in his garage, still in good running order, but retired like himself.  I had always wanted one of those to restore,   but I had no place to garage it, nor trailer to tow it 250 miles across the state.    Now the principle is that if you cannot pick up the plums, you do not shake the tree.  Next thing young Barry took it to the tip, and trashed and stripped it till there was not enough to save.  Barry destroyed a sequence of good secondhand cars, until tragically, blind drunk and pedal to the floor, he killed a young couple in a head-on prang.  ( Yet his German Shepherd dog survived.)   Even Cadillac from 1923 to 27 had that sort  of  brakes, except they were mechanical rather than hydraulic.   But Cadillac brakes had greater total lining area than any other car.