Looking for 57-60 45 fin drums with LUG BOLTS

Beemon

Title is explanatory. Looking for a set of aluminum 45 fin drums off of a 57 to 60 Buick with 2.5" shoes. These drums had the hubs for BALL BEARINGS and LUG BOLTS. Later 45 fin drums were 2.25" and used lug nuts.

They must be useable, fin condition is irrelevant to me. 

Edited by Beemon (see edit history)

… also this guy was relining the aluminum drums with new steel sleeves just a few years ago via a glue set operation rather then like the original cast in place method don't know if he is doing so today :

J&G Drum Relining

McHenry, IL. USA

815-276-2578

You are no doubt aware that the aluminum drums required the longer fine threaded bolt from that of the shorter standard drum bolt …. - uncle dave

1195429747_NOSAluminumDrumBolts4.jpg.40e6233fba6708153ce1a14cd8a9ec9b.jpg:   1057761704_NOSAluminumDrumLugBolts1.jpg.29bfb0b2630ad6d9f02314ac055541ac.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Fr. Buick said:

Earlier hubs can be adapted to the later finned drums (the lug holes get drilled out a little larger), and I have a set of guide pins that will work for this set-up if interested...

They are still different drums that are not interchangeable. I put lug bolts instead of studs because there's a quarter inch difference in width between early and late 45 fin drums. 

I see a pair with backing plates on the HAMB “parts for sale” this morning. Seem a bit pricy (but I really don’t know value) and they are on the right coast. Also check out V8 Buick as they show up there occasionally.

• Like 1

Oh, that's right, I stand corrected.  I made the later drums work - much more available - by shaving a bit of metal off the outer lip of the brake plates and shimming the plates where they bolt to the spindle, so as to sit deeper into the drum and get complete shoe contact.

On the longer bolts, CARS sells chromed ones now, for 9.50 each.  The original longer bolts from Buick will have an F cast into the head.

• Like 1