mcdarrunt

Unending patience

3 hours ago, JACK M said:

It was explained to me that the establishment wants the registration to be what the vehicle looks like. This looks like an old Chevy. (and I like it by the way)

This is why the kits these days are registered as say a Model T even though there are no Ford parts on your typical fiberglass Bucket T.

If a cop gets a call to be on the lookout for a 1998 Chev pick up he would not be looking for this one.

So, if Grog robs a bank and the cops are on the lookout for his Corvette he may just get away with it.

I wasn't thinking so much in terms of title/ legal description as in the percentage in a given vehicle of original parts vs more modern substitution.  At what point is it a late 90's truck that looks older from a philosophical point of view. I like the truck in question however I doubt when driving it one has any vestige of a 1954 experience. It essentially is the truck the entire chassis/ running gear is except for the drivers view of the dash and out the windshield. Steering, ride, power delivery, braking, freeway speed , etc are all much more modern.

Greg in Canada

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)

1 minute ago, 1912Staver said:

I wasn't thinking so much in terms of title/ legal description as in the percentage in a given vehicle of original parts vs more modern substitution.  At what point is a late 90's truck that looks older from a philosophical point of view. I like the truck in question however I doubt when driving it one has any vestige of a 1954 experience. It essentially is the truck the entire chassis/ running gear is except for the drivers view of the dash and out the windshield. Steering, ride, power delivery, braking, freeway speed , etc are all much more modern.

Greg in Canada

I understand that and agree.

TerryB... when I was 16 my older brother bought a new '66 Chevelle, Blue with the 327ci, Four Speed,  Duals, Bucket Seats and positraction. It was a very fast Chevy that could easily run with the 396 SS Chevelles. When he left for the navy for two year my Brother gave me the keys to the Chevelle. Loved that car, the only one I actually owned that compared was a '95 Z28 6 speed manual, 350.

As for 3 speed Manual Transmission problems, I bought new in '72 an AMC Gremlin X V8 with HD Suspension, 3 speed Manual, Posie rear. I ordered it from the factory to race it in Auto Cross in E Stock against the BMW 2002's and kicked their butts. We won 8 First Places and were the e Stock Champ racing in Maryland, Pa. and Virginia. As for the 3 speed Manual I bent the floor shift mechanism from Shifting between 1st and 2nd which meant sliding the shift from bottom left  then to the right in neutral then up to 2nd  on the top right.