A strange 39 Chevy

Curti

Interesting chain of events. I posted the thread about the 1969 Chevrolet Suburban I saw and the first photo in THIS post showed up in MY post! I have never seen that photo before and it is NOT in any of my files, but it showed up as the last photo in my post. I had to edit it out. Where did you get that photo? How did it end up in my post??

15 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

Interesting chain of events. I posted the thread about the 1969 Chevrolet Suburban I saw and the first photo in THIS post showed up in MY post! I have never seen that photo before and it is NOT in any of my files, but it showed up as the last photo in my post. I had to edit it out. Where did you get that photo? How did it end up in my post??

That's weird.

rod serling.jpg

27 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

In a previous life , I had a car parts business selling 1948 -1929 Chevy parts.  It was known as Curt's Pre-War Chevy.  I have had that pix since the turn of the century. I just stumbled on it  in a odd file in my computer.  I do recall seeing it on this site in the not too distant past past.  

I will have to ask my pal Rick who is an expert on 39 Chevies.  He has been collecting NOS accesories since the late 70s.  Sime interesting things like full wheelcovers, reverse lights, different hood ornaments, but but not that...

54 minutes ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

I will have to ask my pal Rick who is an expert on 39 Chevies.  He has been collecting NOS accesories since the late 70s.  Sime interesting things like full wheelcovers, reverse lights, different hood ornaments, but but not that...

I have never had 39 full cover hubcaps.  Backup lights debuted in 37.  I know of three hood ornaments for 39.  The  production 'fish' , and the high & low bird. If there are others I would be interested. 

1 hour ago, George Albright said:

Probably a customizing company’s brochure of one of their creations. I did not google the company . George Albright 

I did.  Apparently they made various aftermarket accessories for different makes.

46 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

That could be a winterfront on that car.

Could be but it looks painted to match the car and more permanent than a winter-front.

Looks like it covers about half the grill - I'd think it would interfere with cooling.

Edited by CHuDWah (see edit history)

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:12 PM, keiser31 said:

That could be a winterfront on that car.

That was also my first thought upon seeing the photo, but I didn't know what it was called.  Thanks, Keiser.  Curti noticed that " ...  the center grill guard is non standard ... " ; however, that could be the hallmark of a high end after-market accessory.  Maybe ... maybe not.  I'm just guessin' here.

Cheers,

Grog