Buick Generators

Here is a little extra info on the Powergen. I know one of the designers. They used aluminum for the frames and field case. That is why it is lighter. It is slightly wider then the stock generator. This was needed to fit the alternator components inside. The best aspect of these is they used the Delco-Remy CS130 alternator, used on GM vehicles roughly 1985 to 1995. Any local rebuilder can make repairs to these without shipping it back tp Powermaster after it is out of the Warranty period. Regitar is the  name of the company that supplies the voltage regulator and rectifier to Powermaster and they sell directly to us rebuilders. Whether you get a 12v or 6v, positive or negative ground unit. The rotor, stator, bearings and brushes are also just stock CS130 parts.

On 8/10/2019 at 10:53 PM, buick man said:

Bill :  Just a suggestion but perhaps a photo shoot session of your customized hand-made adjusting bracket or a diagram of it and what you used to begin with would be very useful for future wannabees going this route.  

Getting a picture is not possible at the moment. I used  a Mr Gasket  9851 chrome alternator bracket.  I had to cut about 5 inches off  and redrill the hole in order to get the swing correct on the alternator.  Use the end that is curved. 

Even after that It is about 1/2 " away from the alternator. I used a number of washers to get the proper length and then made spacer.   Drilled hole goes on the alternator, curved slot mounts on the alternator bracket.  Spacer goes on the bolt to the alternator. 

Understand this is ONLY  repeat ONLY for Air conditioned systems.

Non AC mounts totally different  and it fits out of the box.

Below is a picture of the bracket.  

Mr Gasket 9851 Alternator, Generator Arm, Chrome

Edited by Bill Stoneberg (see edit history)
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, certjeff1 said:

Here is a little extra info on the Powergen. I know one of the designers. They used aluminum for the frames and field case. That is why it is lighter. It is slightly wider then the stock generator. This was needed to fit the alternator components inside. The best aspect of these is they used the Delco-Remy CS130 alternator, used on GM vehicles roughly 1985 to 1995. Any local rebuilder can make repairs to these without shipping it back tp Powermaster after it is out of the Warranty period. Regitar is the  name of the company that supplies the voltage regulator and rectifier to Powermaster and they sell directly to us rebuilders. Whether you get a 12v or 6v, positive or negative ground unit. The rotor, stator, bearings and brushes are also just stock CS130 parts.

Thaks for that information. I hope I dont need it but good to know.