New to the Hershey Fall Meet?

Kristin Calvin

For whoever may be reading, I'd recommend making your

motel reservations right away, because the Hershey event is so large.

I've heard people say that, if Hershey-area motels are already full, to

search around the towns of Mechanicsburg and Carlisle, Pa.,

which are 20 to 30 miles away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I've also suggested to a few people that have called in to search North on 81 as well (I am from that area). It is cheaper and about a half hour drive as well - traffic is almost never an issue as well because more traffic comes in from the South. ;)

If you're going to cancel because of iffy weather, you'd just as soon do it now.

Interesting weather is always a possibility that time of year in Hershey.  It's just luck of the draw how Mother Nature treats us.

Will we have weather at Hershey?  Absolutely!  Will it be good or bad?  No way to know until you live through it....

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Buick Regal GS said:

Going to Hershey for first time this year i got a room in Harrisburg,, Im seeing alot of rain now on weather ,,will it clear up by October just dont want to cancel out because of weather 

I have seen snow flurries in the morning and 75 and sunny in the afternoon at Hershey on the same day. Prepare for all kinds of weather. But don't cancel because of it.

The only weather forecast worth believing when it comes to Fall Hershey (or anywhere else) is the forecast you see when you get up that morning (if even that is possible). ? 

As others have said, be prepared for all types of weather (wet, dry, hot, cold). Multiple pairs of COMFORTABLE shoes/boots/sneakers are always a good idea as well as sun block.The flea market is on blacktop so there is no mud and it dries fairly quickly especially if the sun comes out after a rain. The spectator parking areas are grass fields so mud can be an issue there. The car show on Saturday is held on an old golf course. A few years ago the Hershey area got something like 9 inches of rain during Hershey Week. The show field that Saturday was in very good shape since all that rain drained so well due to it being an old golf course.

We can talk about the Hershey weather

more as the event is imminent.  There's even

an entire thread on that subject.  Snow in

southern Pennsylvania at Hershey time is

extremely rare--it's very uncommon even in the

northern part of the state at that time of year--

so it's nothing that ordinarily needs to be planned for.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

In my 46 years at Hershey I only saw snow flurries once and not for very long, no accumulation. Only one year that I never got opened up because of weather and that was the year of the great Chocolate field lake.

Back in the mud years I sold a bunch of 55gal garbage bags as rain coats for 50 cents a piece.

Opened an airbnb in Palmyra, PA - 3 miles from Hersheypark. 

Check it out for lodging

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/27008857?location=Palmyra%2C PA%2C United States&s=L2dRgaSr

Comfortable, cozy and clean 3-bedroom, 1 bath home that is 3 miles from downtown Hershey and Hersheypark. Home was just remodeled and is fully furnished including family room, den, 3 bedrooms, dining room, kitchen including dishwasher and laundry facilities. Home has a large front porch to enjoy the fresh country air and a breezeway in the back of the home. There is an extra vacant lot next to the home for playing ball, parking auto trailer, etc. There is off-street parking for 3 vehicles.

More information

The space includes:

Three bedrooms are on 2nd floor and bathroom is on the 1st floor.
The bedrooms consist of
Bedroom 1 - One Queen bed
Bedroom 2 - One Queen bed
Bedroom 3 - Two Twin beds - (pass through bedroom)

You will have access to the entire house. Laundry facilities - washer and dryer are downstairs.
Home has a beautiful front porch to sit and relax.

There is also an empty lot adjoining the home available to store your auto trailer when visiting Hershey October 10-13 for the AACA Eastern Fall National, sponsored by the Hershey Region AACA

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Going to Hershey for the first time with a pal.  We're from the Niagara area of Canada.  I have a Graham Paige and I'm looking forward to the flea market and especially seeing the Tucker display in the museum.  I'll be the guy walking around with the "Steadicam" making a little movie about the event.  See you there.

Geoff

On 9/14/2018 at 10:33 PM, Buick Regal GS said:

going for first time never been there hotel reservation in Harrisburg going for all 3 days hope to see all and go to AACA museum and library. Not taking my car for the AACA meet , ,maybe next year see how this goes this year

You will find that 3 days is not enough.  Better is 5 days. Tuesday for the museum then Wed Thurs and Fri for the flea and Saturday for the show.

• Like 2