Allen Syncograph

kings32

I bought a Allen Dist test machine last year at Hershey . It seems to work aright , I need a manual for the machine  it is a modelE1415 HD . Any help could get this thing back to being used . Kings32

Made of unobtanium. I have hade one for twenty five years, haven't seen one yet. Parts are impossible.  

The functions are pretty straight forward, gauges and switches labeled. Best thing to do is take a yellow legal pad and write down what you see on the face panel. Sort out each and write what you can figure out. Compare your "found" knowledge with bits of information online. You will be surprised at how each fact will lead to the next.

How to mount in the fixture and connect drive.

How to vary speed.

How to set zero advance and read variation.

How to measure dwell. 

Find vacuum pump, start and measure.

Those five functions should be easy to figure out. Then build on it.

In the 1990's I had one of the big Allen multifunction scopes. I made a video using it on a flathead Cadillac. It looked complicated but got real easy with a little use.

Bernie

Isn't the internet great?

Here's a manual available in the format of a PDF file.

All you have to do is pay $10 and you should be able 

to print it out:

http://www.carmanuals.com/manuals/allen-synchrograph-distributer--e1415-1416hd-user-manualothers-pdf-book-cd_261678719365.html

"this is allen test products e1415 e1416 syncrograph distributer machine instruction manual in pdf format.you need a pdf viewer installed on your computer to view and print the files.buy this manual today, and receive bonus training books by sun electric and king distributer machine free!!if you have any questions call jeff 320-279-3491 cell 612-789-3973 320-233-0885 home tele. i specialize in books/parts for obsolete engine analyzers/exhaust analyzersif there is something special you are looking for just ask.thanks for lookingif you are interested in joining my private worldwide club ask me how.this sale now includesallen syncrograph 22-200 22-140 service manual+model 31-02 syncrograph user manual."

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 2