Some pics I took at the ROA meet in Kansas

Seafoam65

Here are some pics I took at the ROA meet.......it wasn't a real big turnout but the cars that came were outstanding.....

I thought that more 66-85 models would be there..... good turnout on the 63-65 Rivieras and the 95-99 models.

DSCN0275.JPG

DSCN0276.JPG

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Seafoam65 said:

Here are some pics I took at the ROA meet.......it wasn't a real big turnout but the cars that came were outstanding.....

I thought that more 66-85 models would be there..... good turnout on the 63-65 Rivieras and the 95-99 models. 

I noticed no one posted pictures of the last few generations? Any shots of those generations for those of us that are fans of all generations of the Riviera?

I took a pic of the three 79-85 cars that came but it didn't turn out. Two had the 307 Olds engine

and one was a T-Type with the turbo 3.8 engine. I meant to shoot all the 95-99 models but forgot to nab a shot. There

were I believe two  or three Silver Arrows that all  looked brand new, and what seemed like a dozen regular 95-99 models, and all

of them were White with Taupe interiors and all looked like brand new cars.  I flat forgot to get a pic of the only 86-91 model

that I remember seeing........it was  a very very nice car parked in the modified area, and it is visible in the back ground of one of the above pictures. When I judged the 95-99 models, I couldn't tell them apart, they were all identical and beautiful so I voted for the lowest mileage car which I believe had about 20,000 miles on it, assuming it was probably a little nicer in the hidden areas.  

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Seafoam65 said:

I took a pic of the three 79-85 cars that came but it didn't turn out. Two had the 307 Olds engine

and one was a T-Type with the turbo 3.8 engine. I meant to shoot all the 95-99 models but forgot to nab a shot. There

were I believe two  or three Silver Arrows that all  looked brand new, and what seemed like a dozen regular 95-99 models, and all

of them were White with Taupe interiors and all looked like brand new cars.  I flat forgot to get a pic of the only 86-91 model

that I remember seeing........it was  a very very nice car parked in the modified area, and it is visible in the back ground of one of the above pictures. When I judged the 95-99 models, I couldn't tell them apart, they were all identical and beautiful so I voted for the lowest mileage car which I believe had about 20,000 miles on it, assuming it was probably a little nicer in the hidden areas.  

I dont play the judging game often unless the cars in attendence are over the top and i want to give the owners of same some support but if 2 cars are side by side and one cant tell which has the greater mileage shouldnt the car/owner with the most miles be more deserving of the award? As I offered maybe I dont understand the judging world...

Tom

When doing popular vote, you should vote according to your own personal standards of what is most important, and let the chips fall where they may. I've seen a lot of shocking results at popular vote car shows over the years, not  so very often at point judged shows.

23 minutes ago, Seafoam65 said:

When doing popular vote, you should vote according to your own personal standards of what is most important, and let the chips fall where they may. I've seen a lot of shocking results at popular vote car shows over the years, not  so very often at point judged shows.

The first meet that I took my wife to was back in '05 (My Division Commander seemed to plan my Army Nat'l Guard summer camp the same week as the ROA meet so there were many years that I did not get to attend.  It's still like that but I'm now retired and get to do the things I like to do)  As we looked at the cars she came up favorites based on whatever struck her fancy.  I'd tell her "this one doesn't have the correct interior, this one has Buick rally wheels on it and they weren't an option that year, etc. etc."  She'd tell me "I just like the color on this one" and she'd vote for it.  When you leave it up to the general population, and half of that population is your less than well informed spouse, you're going to get all sorts of voting.  It's more of a popularity vote than a vote based on facts.  (She's doing much better know, but it's taken time.)  

A heads up for everyone............I noticed that the pics I posted were fuzzy, not crisp like the pictures in my computer, so

I tried clicking on the pictures on my post, and they become very sharp great pictures........so click on each one for a much sharper image.

1 hour ago, Seafoam65 said:

A heads up for everyone............I noticed that the pics I posted were fuzzy, not crisp like the pictures in my computer, so

I tried clicking on the pictures on my post, and they become very sharp great pictures........so click on each one for a much sharper image.

Mine are clear.  Clicking on them makes them bigger though.