car show in the south of France

SAM_1218.thumb.JPG.c3028464bf60fee151dd0c793023729d.JPG

SAM_1219.thumb.JPG.80cd89dfa8549dd46b000078a893fe8c.JPG

peugeot 202

for the little story, this Peugeot at the time had broken down and he was taken to a garage to fix it.
but this garage never took care of it.
this garage is in a city right next to me, then 50 years after a friend enters the garage and you see this peugeot.
this friend has to buy this peugeot which is 50 years abandoned in the back of a garage, he restarted this month :) 
it's a barn find

SAM_1220.thumb.JPG.2abefc9aa7f14e44368f8e7b1d3f1214.JPG

• Like 1

I love it when this boy goes to a car show, because we get to see all these cars that, while as common there as Fords and Chevys are here, we never get to see! Thanks for the photos, jeune ami!

A question? Why do you never put in a pic of your Buick at the show? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rocketraider said:

I love it when this boy goes to a car show, because we get to see all these cars that, while as common there as Fords and Chevys are here, we never get to see! Thanks for the photos, jeune ami!

A question? Why do you never put in a pic of your Buick at the show? 

thank you very much  rocketraider ;) !
it is with great pleasure that I share these photos :) 
I do not put pictures of my buick because at this moment I restore it.
in November it will be 3 years that I restore it, I think to finish in July 2019 :) 

• Like 1

I had a 1960 Renault Daulphine in high school back in 1967. My dad paid $50 for it and the guy he bought it from had traded a shotgun for it. I somehow burned a quarter sized hole in the top of one piston and the mechanic got it running again and advised me to sell it. I sold it for $200 to a friend of my cousins. I wish I had that car now. A kid in my homeroom class wanted to race me,he had a 59.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buick35 said:

I had a 1960 Renault Daulphine in high school back in 1967. My dad paid $50 for it and the guy he bought it from had traded a shotgun for it. I somehow burned a quarter sized hole in the top of one piston and the mechanic got it running again and advised me to sell it. I sold it for $200 to a friend of my cousins. I wish I had that car now. A kid in my homeroom class wanted to race me,he had a 59.

I really like the Dauphine, they are full of history :) .
we find a lot for sale in France at low prices depending on the condition of the car.
it would be necessary to come to France to buy one at a good price, but the importation risks to be expensive  : /

Here is a Dauphine for sale near Sacramento, California, not cheap, will not sell for anywhere near the asking price.

00000_2yfvjph7SdG_600x450.jpg

Greg, phone (209) 667-7366 Renault Dauphine 1964, Link -  Renault Dauphine
Very, rare less then 5 in USA!! New engine..... needs paint, chrome and upholstery
GETS 48 MILES PER GALLON!!!!!!! NEW TIRES.....$3,500 or best offer

And there is also this 

1964 Renault 8 R8 - $3500 (san mateo)

Strange how they are both 1964's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mike6024 said:

Here is a Dauphine for sale near Sacramento, California, not cheap, will not sell for anywhere near the asking price.

00000_2yfvjph7SdG_600x450.jpg

Greg, phone (209) 667-7366 Renault Dauphine 1964, Link -  Renault Dauphine
Very, rare less then 5 in USA!! New engine..... needs paint, chrome and upholstery
GETS 48 MILES PER GALLON!!!!!!! NEW TIRES.....$3,500 or best offer

And there is also this 

1964 Renault 8 R8 - $3500 (san mateo)

Strange how they are both 1964's.

thank you Mike6024 :) 

I do not think there is much to sell in the USA ;) , it's interraissant to see this car for sale in America  :) 
 The price is almost the same as in France, everything depends on the condition of the car