car show in the south of France

That Gordini looks hairy with those Webers...

I like that Opel Speedster. It's a shame GM wouldn't sell it here. But as we all know, thanks to the USA's arcane safety and emissions laws, the Europeans and the Japanese get the good stuff and we get the watered down versions of their factory hot rods.

• Like 1

Thank you, Sebastien.

Good memories for me here. So many of these cars were commonplace in Australia in my youth. Small displacement and economical to run, with interesting mechanicals. Good to see them so well cared for in France. We actually used a Citroen light 15 (Traction avant) as a paddock car! Just a cheap jalopy in the 1960's.

Edited by Bush Mechanic
clarifiction (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:22 PM, rocketraider said:

That Gordini looks hairy with those Webers...

I like that Opel Speedster. It's a shame GM wouldn't sell it here. But as we all know, thanks to the USA's arcane safety and emissions laws, the Europeans and the Japanese get the good stuff and we get the watered down versions of their factory hot rods.

thank you rocktraider :) 
indeed these gordini works very well, they are light and are very good car.
once there was a long walk all day in the country, and in front of us there was a R8 gorgini and a dauphine gordirni. they did a race in the mountains and the sound of the engine was beautiful  : )  .

indeed this opel is very beautiful, there are many models in Europe that there are not in the USA, but in France there are not many Challenger, load, hemi, srt, camaro, chevrolet ssr, ... :( 
in France, a dodge charger v6 is expensive, and a dodge charger v8 is even more expensive :( 

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:13 AM, Bush Mechanic said:

Thank you, Sebastien.

Good memories for me here. So many of these cars were commonplace in Australia in my youth. Small displacement and economical to run, with interesting mechanicals. Good to see them so well cared for in France. We actually used a Citroen light 15 (Traction avant) as a paddock car! Just a cheap jalopy in the 1960's.

thank you Bush Mechanic :) 

, I'm glad it reminds you of memories. :) 
I love the citroen traction, I have a friend who has a black, I'm already in it and I have good memories ;) 

4 hours ago, cahartley said:

Hey Sebastien.......you're 22-23 years old right?

How many other young people do you know who share your love of cars over there?

By the way.......last night I went through your entire Buick thread........and WOW!....... ?

Hello and thank you very much  cahartley ;) !
when i bought my buick i was 18 years old and now i'm 24 years old.
I have a friend who loves old cars so much, my brother is 22 years old and has a peugeot 205 gti 1984, I have a friend who is 22 years old and has a cadillac eldorado 1969, another friend who is 21 years old and who has a Citroen DS, another friend who is 23 years old and who has a Citroen traction , another friend who is 25 years old and who had a buick riviera GS 1971.
It is true that in the old car show there are not many young owners, these are mostly people who are over 35/40 years old.
but there are more and more young people who put in old cars.
there is a young person who is often seen in the exhibition who is also about 24 years old and who rides with a peugeot 504 :) 

Normally this weekend I'm going to get the parts of the buick to go up the damper, brake, wheel, ... :) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zipdang said:

Sebastienbuick has been of great help to me with my 1956 Citroen 2CV. He represents the best of the young entering this hobby.

thank you very much  zipdang ! ;) 
I was very happy to help you, and if you need something else, do not hesitate to ask me ;) 
thank you :) 

• Like 2