'69 & '70 Riviera fuel pump ?

70rivme

21 hours ago, 70rivme said:

What have you done to your 1969 or 1970 Riviera when it came time for a new electric pump? Sorry if this is a repeat of a previous topic, but i could not find a related one. Thank you in advance for any input or direction to go.

I think you can swap for one from an 80s ford ranger. 

Check out Yardley’s page: http://www.1badriv.com/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

I have a 69 Riv and we are working on the fuel system. First we are going to see if the tank is good enough. Probably is. The sending unit was missing and the oil pump is defunct. I think this thread answers the question of what fuel pump to purchase. However, where do you get a sending unit. From everything I have read, it seems like the recommendation is to rebuild the sending unit and that there does not exist an aftermarket sending unit for the 69 Riv? Surely something new works. I know that Rivnut has a great You Tube video on swapping out the gas tank on his 69 Riv (which is probably one of the most beautiful 2nd gen Rivs I've seen). It seems like the sending unit he used looked brand new. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

3 hours ago, Ferris said:

I know that Rivnut has a great You Tube video on swapping out the gas tank on his 69 Riv (which is probably one of the most beautiful 2nd gen Rivs I've seen). It seems like the sending unit he used looked brand new. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Not me! I had a 1966 back in 1972 but that’s the only 2nd generation Riviera I’ve owned.  I had a 67 I bought with no engine but never found an engine and parted it out. 

5 hours ago, Ferris said:

I have a 69 Riv and we are working on the fuel system. First we are going to see if the tank is good enough. Probably is. The sending unit was missing and the oil pump is defunct. I think this thread answers the question of what fuel pump to purchase. However, where do you get a sending unit. From everything I have read, it seems like the recommendation is to rebuild the sending unit and that there does not exist an aftermarket sending unit for the 69 Riv? Surely something new works. I know that Rivnut has a great You Tube video on swapping out the gas tank on his 69 Riv (which is probably one of the most beautiful 2nd gen Rivs I've seen). It seems like the sending unit he used looked brand new. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Yardley has some videos of his ‘69 on his website and he may be able to steer you in the right direction. He is active on the 68-69 Riviera Facebook page. Or just try to find a salvaged unit.

13 hours ago, RivNut said:

Not me! I had a 1966 back in 1972 but that’s the only 2nd generation Riviera I’ve owned.  I had a 67 I bought with no engine but never found an engine and parted it out. 

Well dont I feel stupid. This was the you tube video. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjupOe31vCBAxVvIzQIHclOATIQtwJ6BAgTEAI&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DpgUUP1GmS18&usg=AOvVaw0y4mWzJmOJslKSTIZaDYif&opi=89978449

Sorry about the mistaken identity!