this is corny...but

We need to know where you are. Different states allow different number of characters; i.e. Virginia allows 6 or 7 depending on the plate, NC allows 8.

I have 58THNDY on my 74 Hurst/Olds Pace Car. How 'bout SOARING for a Buick?

Check yer state's DMV website. Many of them will allow you to play around with vanity plate combinations. Try www.dmv.state.va.us and go to Create A Plate to see.

not bad..that one of yours..i was looking for a 75 H/O myself...but either 2 much $$$ for a clean one or 2 much $$$ for a basket case....but when i saw this free spirit...had 2 have it...now the wife no sleep with me no more..lol

in illinois ,vanity plates use 7 and some # at the end...otherwise they cost big $$$...wife leave me..

Vanity plates are cheap here- $10 extra a year, so you see 'em on everything. You can even get 'em for tow trucks and taxicabs tongue.gif ! The Commonwealth realised a long time ago they were a cash cow, and I admit I've contributed my share to the cause as I've had a vanity plate of some description since my very first car back in 1974. Prolly the two best I ever had were "A8A8A" (aces & 8's) on a 77 Thunderbird, and "I8JAPAN" on my 76 Regency- a true Godzilla car, do you not agree cool.gif ? The wagon has a Tobacco Heritage plate "TBCORD"- Tobacco Road, get it? VA is also big on special interest plates at $10-20 a year extra- if you can get 350 subscriptions in advance and get a state legislator to introduce it, odds are you'll have yer own plate design.

Explain to the wife that you can find another wife, but you might not be able to find another Buick Pace Car grin.gif ! Seriously- take her out to eat or something, or do like my buddy does- everytime he buys another old car, he has to let her buy a piece of furniture for the house.

Our vanity plates used to be $10.00 extra per year also. There was a time we had 5 different sets in my family. Then one of our crooked governors (one who spent time in prison) decided to raise the plate to $30.00 per year. Well I went to the registry and turned all five sets in. So did alot of other people. Now you don't see to many on cars here. They got greedy and lost all the sales to the plates. Now our state is coming out with a Mr. Potatoe Head plate, to help the needy tongue.gif .........$20.00 for them, and $20.00 for the state. I don't think it will go over to big..........