A new "Keiser Spotting" category?

zipdang

I think it is probably time to create a new forum specifically named for Mr. Keiser. I think most folks on this forum think of him when spotting cars in the wild!

To this end, here are some more. As I've stated before, in my retirement I do odd jobs at a local highly-regarded automotive repair place. They work on everything from tractors to big rigs with a strong following of vintage car owners who are getting their cars worked on by guys who know what they're doing. Well, in addition to the usual batch of DeLoreans, today I was in to cut the grass and do some general cleanup and there was quite a crop of cool vehicles amongst the usual daily drivers. Enjoy. Feel free to identify...

IMG_0020.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

IMG_0019.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0021.JPG

Edited by zipdang
Typo (see edit history)

Well, maybe we need a "Zipdang" category!

Actually, your idea is a good one.  Maybe the

forum needs a "Car Spotter" classification.

Do you think it would get used, or would it be

better to keep it in the "General" category?

Thanks for posting the pictures.  I never cared for

the 1955-56 Pontiacs' styling, but the car in the picture

has changed my mind!

• Like 2

As long as we can find the threads Keiser31 Post the beautiful cars he is amazingly good at finding, photographing and sharing it can be here in the general forum or a special forum named for the “Master of the antique car spotters”. 

Maybe it should be at the top of the general forum like other important special threads? 

Dave S 

• Like 1

It is nice that you want to recognize the fact that you appreciate the photos that he posts but if you want my personal opinion, the answer would be no.  We already have a photos and video forum that was created for posting photos. Every time a new sub forum is created, it creates different places that you have to look to find content that you might want to see. I used to enjoy when someone would post a photo asking what something is. I sometimes could answer, and when I could not, it was a way to learn about something that I did not know about.  A decision was made to create an additional forum for Photos and Videos, so now most of those questions get posted in that forum, and sometimes in the General Forum. Essentially we have created so many subforums that it is difficult to see everything. If most things were in a smaller number of forums, it would be easy to simply look at a few different forums and click on the discussions that look interesting and ignore the rest. I personally don't see everything that I might like to because I don't have time to click on every different subforum to make sure I saw everything that might interest me. The Buy/Sell forums were split into different sub-forums and it got to be so many different places to check, I seldom even check those parts of the forum myself anymore.

The moderators also spend more time than you realize moving things that people report for being in the wrong forum. I am convinced that we would be better off with a few less sub forums instead of more. I am sure that I am not the only moderator who has less fun and more work here than it used to be.    

• Like 2

I agree with MCHinson. I DO appreciate the moderator's work very much. They have saved us a ton of grief. I am certainly content to post photos of what I see in the "General Discussion" section and the ones I don't know to the "What Is It?" section. Thanks very much, but I don't need my own section of the forum. On the other hand, if anyone gets tired of seeing my stuff or where I post it, I hope someone will tell me. I don't feel bad about deleting anything I have posted. 

• Like 1

I personally enjoy the photos that get posted from the many contributors on the forum.  John seems to hold the record for sightings, a tribute to his readiness to take a photo and share it with us.  The few times I’ve seen something worthy of a photo I’m never ready for it. If anyone ever photographs an alien flying machine, I’m sure it will be him!

And thank you moderators for your hard work.  In the six years since my major life changing event, this forum has brought me a ton of enjoyment and a chance to know lots more about the world of antique autos and their owners.

Terry

Edited by TerryB (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I agree with M.C. Hinson and Keiser that we don't need another sub forum for car-spotting photographs.  I also agree that the moderators do an excellent job in keeping the Forum running.  Maybe car-spotting threads on this Forum could have the optional term "Keisering" in it.  For example, a thread could be entitled: "Saw This while Keisering in Paisley, Florida".  Or maybe: "Keisered in Paisley, Florida ...", or, per ZipDang, "Keiser Spotting" (while Keiser-Spotting in Paisley, Florida ...") ... or sumthin'.  I dunno, just a thought.

Cheers,

Grog

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

At the moment there are about 5 topic titles with “Kaiser” in them. (Not counting mine as I used his name not in the title, but in the body of my post.) I think some of us have come to associate him with car spotting in one way or another. He makes lots of interesting posts and it’s a compliment to him. 

I agree with the rest about the great job the moderators do. Thank you, and we certainly don’t want to create more work for you. 

Keep posting Kaiser!

• Like 1

It seems my simple tip-of-the-hat to Mr. Keiser was slightly misundertstood. Not a real request just a little fun. Sorry for any confusion. I agree that the General Discussion heading is perfect for this kind of thing and Keiser is quite simply the best! Cheers to all!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, zipdang said:

It seems my simple tip-of-the-hat to Mr. Keiser was slightly misundertstood. Not a real request just a little fun. Sorry for any confusion. I agree that the General Discussion heading is perfect for this kind of thing and Keiser is quite simply the best! Cheers to all!

I kinda thought that. ?

• Like 1