Sign in to follow this  
47clubcoup

wood lid in trunk

i have a 47 lincoln zephyr club coupe. inside the trunk there is a hinged pice of plywood that covers the spair tire dose any one have the diagram or dementions of the wood im talking about??

If yours is missing  why not just cut a piece of plywood the size and shape to fit in the recess?  over the spare tire and screw it to the hinges.  

The wooden board in the trunk has 4 parts made of 1/2 inch plywood. I will try to post pictures. Overall dimensions are 28 in front to bumper end, 43 1/2 side to side near seat and 45 3/4 at bumper end. The hinged part is 22 1/2 front to back and 31 " across. The board near the seat is 43 1/2" across and 5 1/4" wide. The side boards are wider at the back and curved. Width is 6 1/8' near seat and 7 1/4" at the back, the inside length is 23" and by the fenders it is 19 1/2" then curved over to the inside length. There are metal clips at the side of the center piece to keep it down. There is a strap with snaps to hold the board open. I have more pictures if you need and send me your email address

DSC05919.JPG

DSC05922.JPG