Is the frame crossmember too high on a 1933 Chevy Master?

Dennis Jones

This has been weighing on my mind for about a year now.  My car is a 33 Chevy Master Coupe.  Last year I removed the transmission to replace the throwout bearing and pilot bearing.  When I removed the transmission I thought it was strange that I had to pry it away from the bell housing.  Upon reinstalling the transmission I found I had to unbolt the engine mounts from the sides of the block and lift the back of the engine up in order to install the transmission main shaft into the pilot bearing because the transmission would not lift high enough for the back mount to clear the frame crossmember.  It was very hard to install the bolts in the rear transmission mounts and reinstall the engine mounts bolts.  It is like the frame crossmember for the rear transmission mount is too high.  When I look in the engine compartment at the starter motor the starter actuation lever is almost touching the floorboard.  It seems to me it should have more clearance.  Has anyone else run into trouble with the frame crossmember (rear transmission mount) possibly being too high?

Starter Lever (Medium).JPG