Tidewater Region AACA 45th Annual Meet - Sept 22, 2018

Well it is that time of year again and we are getting close to our Annual Meet here in Tidewater Virginia. This will be our 45th Annual Meet.

Once again we will be holding the meet out at the Military Aviation Museum, and if you have never been there, you are missing out.  This is a Great opportunity to come out and see a great collection of Antique Cars, Mods and Rods, and well as all the Great Airplanes at the Museum. While we use AACA Style judging for the Antiques, there are no AACA Awards given out. (Junior, Senior, etc...) We have Best of for hte Mods and Rods. (Best Interior, Paint, grill, etc...)

This is a Great show with cars from all aspects to show and share with others in the hobby. On average we have about 100 Antique 'Preserving the Past' cars on hand along with close to another 100 'Mods and Rods' to show off. This year we are planning a special Display to honor 100 years of the Chevrolet Truck !!  If you have a Chevrolet Truck and would like to be a part of or meet, send me a PM and let me know. We will other things going on that day out a the meet as well. Check out the flyer. The Museum has military planes from WWI & WWII. Not to mention beautiful hangars they are stored in, including an Army , Navy, a beautiful WWI Wooden style hangar full of Biplanes and triplanes, and they even have an authentic German Luftwaffe hangar was relocated from the Cottbus Army Airfield in Cottbus, Germany.

Pre-Registration is Now open and will close up on September 8th. We will continue to take registrations and be doing day of show registrations as well. Registration forms are available here: TRAACA 45th Annual Meet Registration Form.  The form is a PDF Fill out form, you can Download it, fill it out, then print, sign and mail it with your payment to us. Or you can just print it out and fill it out old school. Contains all the critical information in regards to the meet.

If you have any questions about the Meet or Registration let me know, IF I can NOT answer I will get you in contact with the right person !!

Edited by BearsFan315 (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Besides 150+ AACA eligible vehicles in our "Preserving the Past" part of the meet and another 100+ Mods & Rods in the other part of the show, we have several other highlights in our annual meet this year:

- The AACA Library & Research Center's 1955 Chevrolet Bookmobile will be the centerpiece highlight of our special display commemorating the 100th Anniversary of Chevrolet Trucks.  (As Jerry Adams said, we're looking for all Chevy trucks to participate--if you have one, we'd love to see it at our show.  RK Chevrolet will have the new 2019 Chevrolet Silverado on display (new body style) and, we hope, one of the 2018 100th Anniversary Edition Silverados.)

- The Military Aviation Museum will have a flight demo at 1 PM of its WWII Me-262 German jet (one of only a handful remaining in the world and one of only 1-2 that are flyable)

- Hagerty Youth Judging and other youth activities.

If you haven't been to the Tidewater Region's annual meet at the Military Aviation Museum in Virginia Beach before, this is the year to do it.  Old cars, old planes, great people, Terry Bond is going to present a seminar (and promises great weather)--what more could you ask?

Edited by Marion McAlpine
Added info about Terry Bond's seminar (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just a subtle reminder... our Annual Meet is in exactly 30 Days !! 

Early Registration Ends on September 8, 2018

Still Looking for Show Registrations for BOTH the AACA Field as well as the Mod & Rod Field. And do NOT forget we are looking for all YEAR of Chevrolet Trucks for our 100 yr Chevrolet Truck Display !!

If you have any questions about Registration Send me a Message and I will get back to you.