SPEEDSTER WEB SITE

autoluke

• 1 month later...

Ironic that this query has come up. I found myself many times doing the same search.

Therefore, I have created a blog that covers the classic speedster world and am in the final stages of getting it together. It is a niche topic that needs its own site, which is one reason why I am doing it.

I will post an announcement when it is ready and going up. I am shooting for Labor Day. For me, every day is Labor Day... 

=rds

• 1 month later...

@Autoluke:

I appreciate your query. Right now I'm focusing on defining what a speedster is and its historical arc. There are so many companies that made authentic speedsters, both in the U.S. and abroad, from 1904-on, that it will take some time just to mention all of them and tell their story. Although I will certainly write about the popularity of home-made speedsters, the Model T/Fast Ford phenomenon being one example, I think that your question about custom creations is better addressed in a forum such as this one, where multiple strings can be started by participants, each one a separate topic and potentially a car to marvel at.

I'm very close to getting the speedster journal online. It will be found at https://www.classicspeedsters.com/

I wish that this forum was more active. AACA should be a gathering point for all of us who are speedster fans, no matter what company flag we fly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My blog journal will focus on classic speedsters, which are often a springboard from which others have fashioned what we see (from time to time) on this forum. That being said, I will probably write an article or two on modern manufactured speedsters, as the concept continues, as well as look at modern enthusiast creations, including homebuilts.

You can find my journal at https://www.classicspeedsters.com/, which has now gone live. There is a double opt-in signup if you would like to subscribe. I will probably post a new article every two weeks.

Thanks for your interest,

=rdsieber

Good work !

Certainly historically accurate, but does not address the unlimited variations found in the market today.

How about more information about the "big cars", like Cadillacs, Packards, etc. ...limited in number, but VERY FAST.

Best

Phil

• 2 years later...

Hello, speedster fans!

This is an update on my blog journal on classic speedsters, which is now in its third year. It's called ClassicSpeedsters.com.

In it I try to cover the beat, both classic and modern, regarding speedsters that were manufactured and named as such by their makers. I also cover sporting cars of the earliest decades who were referred to as "speedsters" by the press or other reliable sources; many of them had names that implied a type of racy roadster. Another exception to my reportage is that I cover the Ford Model T Speedster beat, as it was an historic grass-roots phenomenon that gave rise to many branches of modern hotrodding and sports cars, as well as the aftermarket industries that began in response to the demand for parts.

I depend on forums like this to cover other aspects of the speedster world that I cannot get to, such as classic and modern homebuilts. I enjoy reading about them and it encourages me that speedsterism is alive and well, even in the 21st century!

Finally, I'd like to announce that my book on classic speedsters is in press and will be published later this year. Excerpts from it have been printed as articles in Antique Automobile magazine, and I encourage all readers on this forum to visit my website to either check out book news or to read my blog journal. You can find both at ClassicSpeedsters.com. And if you like what I'm writing, please comment and subscribe.

Until then,

Happy Roads!

• Like 1

RDS does a great job with www.classicspeedsters.com

As someone who has admired and collected early speedsters since I was kid, I really appreciate the articles that have been published on his website. The articles published contain information and photos not seen in other websites or publications. It is also refreshing to read articles that are professionally written and edited. 

Keep up the great work! I look forward to each new entry.

Edited by motoringicons (see edit history)

• 2 months later...