Stomping Maurice

Help! Weaver Auto Crane!

Hello everybody,

I’m not an expert or anything so I’m asking for your help. A friend of mine got this weaver auto crane, he does do internet. He’s curious about what he’s got and what he could get out of it. He really would like to sell to someone that would restore it. 

Thanks. 

9163C05C-752E-4DBA-ABB4-54D46B185A98.jpeg

C85083A9-2EBA-4D61-BD4F-E7CF720AD694.jpeg

FF01B7BC-079B-4CFC-83B6-423AECA6BA95.jpeg

• Like 2

Looks to be 1920's/1930's.  I've seen them listed for about 500 to 1500 or so, but I don't know if they sold at those prices.  These are not super rare. but they are unique enough to be eye candy to fools like me.

Weaver is a well known name in lifts and jacks.  Very good quality.

Location, location, location.  Shipping cost would be wicked and would highly influence the selling price.

Photos say nothing about missing parts, moving (or lack thereof) parts, cracks, degree of rust, function, damage, etc.    Not just your ad, but ALL ads that I've ever seen for these.  I would not respond to a vague ad (unless it was dirt cheap).  So if you place an ad, lots of clear photos and lots of info is required!

Sorry, I gave you no solid facts.  I like it though :) 

and I like  the woods where you live...I'm so jealous!

Edited by Real Steel (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I'm having a senior moment ... or minute .. or hour ... or days, but I seem to remember that someone on this Forum was looking for a wrecker truck crane/hoist.   Does anyone remember that?  I looked on the "Parts Wanted" Forum but was unable to fine someone wanting the wrecker truck crane/hoist.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Grog

I thought I had the catalog for the Weaver wrecking crane, turns out I have a Manley catalog from York PA about 1925 vintage.  Here are some pics of their crane.  Very similar to the Weaver.

B299C760-9A44-4604-A884-D5132B59867E.jpeg

25A3732F-7696-4CB9-8468-18D684C629D3.jpeg

This is a 3 ton Weaver I believe.

and it has three shafts? 

Gives it massive pulling power over the two ton version.

from what I've learned the two ton has the roun stay/support rods out from the hoist to the boom.

the three ton has more robust ""stay , or support arms like this one shows

Stomping Maurice: Do you still have the weaver auto crane?  Where are you located?

TerryB:  would you sell that catalog?

i have a 1928 international six speed special I want to put a boom on. 

8A61A78C-2993-433F-9100-0F77B2C17202.jpeg

• Like 1

I am looking for a 2 to weaver crane if anyone has one for sale please reach out. Need for my husbands birthday present. 

When I rebuilt my wrecker boom, I thought it would be a good idea to replace all the sq. headed bolts and nuts.

To my surprize, the cost was $1 each. about 10 times the price of hex gr. 5 bolts.

DSCN1163.JPG

I did a google search because I am originally from Chatham Ontario and never heàrd of this company. I did find a website for Castle cranes that had several copys of original documents of the weaver auto crane