generator 1936 special

rlcokc

Below is picture of 936C delco generator--for 1936 buick special. Cut out on top of generator. What I can't figure out is which wires hot, ground etc. Believe the condenser looking silver tube connected to right of generator is to suppress noise for radio. My knowledge of elcetrical system lacking and if someone could identify each of the wires to cut out as well as the two coming from the generator I would certainly appreciate it. Believe the two connections not being used below on cut out one goes to ammeter gauge, i think is hot,  and other I believe goes to starter. Any help would certainly be welcome. Thanks

Rod

image.thumb.png.30d8e5bf42e7cb754995b82ca1cc9ab4.png

The tabs for the connections should be stamped with 'bat', 'grd', and 'amm'.  It may be under the washers.  When I get home from work I can provide some pictures. I believe there's also an illustration in the shop manual.

Greg

Thanks Greg. The two wires coming out of the generator--I assume one is hot, positive, and the other ground-is that accurate? Can you identify which is ground? I'll also double check in manual but know at one time I looked and saw alot about charging but don't remember answers to my questions--thanks again

Rod

Rod,

Here's a picture of my generator with temporary wiring. The red wire attaches to the 'AMM' terminal and runs to the positive terminal on the ammeter. The negative ammeter terminal then connects to the starter at the battery input. The blue wire connects to the back of the light switch, which connects to the starter solenoid relay. The black wire closest to the fender connects with the condenser to the terminal next to the red wire.  The black wire closest to the engine is ground. In the picture it's connected to the relay mount. I've also seen it connected to the generator body via the screw just visible towards the engine.  Hope this helps.

Greg

20180626_171506.jpg