1936 Plymouth Parts wanted

Rick Rien

I'm pretty sure that '36 Plymouths had a fabric insert roof not steel. The Dodges did have steel roof inserts.I have a roof section from a '36 Dodge  4 door touring sedan but I don't think that it will fit properly.. Maybe one of the Plymouth guys can shed some light on that.

Rick Rien,

Welcome to the AACA Discussion Forum. I have edited your topic to include 1936 Plymouth to make it more likely that people who can help you take the time to read your post. 

Rick grab that 36 dodge 4dr insert. It fits like a glove all the holes line up.

You will need to remove several metal  (for lak of a better term) gutter type metal brackets on the Plymouth and then use a tube of caulk that resembles rubber, as the rubber seal will not fit. I painted mine black Mopar hardtop to resemble cloth. It turned out beautiful and won several Plymouth awards.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2018 at 6:54 PM, gene bryson said:

Rick grab that 36 dodge 4dr insert. It fits like a glove all the holes line up.

You will need to remove several metal  (for lak of a better term) gutter type metal brackets on the Plymouth and then use a tube of caulk that resembles rubber, as the rubber seal will not fit. I painted mine black Mopar hardtop to resemble cloth. It turned out beautiful and won several Plymouth awards.

I use to make the seal that fit those metal inserts for 36 Dodge sold over 75 of them they fitted great, I am trying to locate a picture to post, if there is a need I may get back into making them,,,,steel rubber doesn’t make anything that fits those tops, they say they have one that fits but,,,,,,it doesn’t, trust me,,,,

Edited by knobless (see edit history)