How's for 28 roadster

You might want to be sure what you have is for your car.  It's not uncommon after so much time,  for the top to go missing and a close enough replacement to have been sourced if it doesn't look like the ones in a model a catalog. 

Undoubtedly someone has doctored the top over the years. One style was used for '28-'29 roadsters. It would behoove you to install the correct top, which would be available from all the Model A parts houses.

If you find a top at a flea mkt, chances are it's from a 30-31 standard top which looks the same but is bigger and the folding metal is different. The reason for this is most 30-31 roadsters were originally standard but were up graded when restored.

On 7/1/2018 at 6:25 PM, auburnseeker said:

You might want to be sure what you have is for your car.  It's not uncommon after so much time,  for the top to go missing and a close enough replacement to have been sourced if it doesn't look like the ones in a model a catalog. 

I have the old top.  It's the bows that I only have one a and it is broken.  I bought a new top just have to finish up the oak bows I am trying to make.

• 1 year later...