Metz 25 Touring For Sale

MochetVelo

Not my car, but I got a look at real barn-find Metz yesterday; a 1917 Model 25 touring. It's been parked for around 50 years, and has a completely oxidized patina, but no rust-through and a nice, straight body. The wood looks good, also. The car seems amazingly complete and original, including both bottom pans (engine & transmission cover), the tops bows (and dry-rotted canvas), original upholstery... even the side curtains. In fact, the only missing part I could identify was one of the hub caps. It even has a set of pretty green Splitdorf plugs. The tires hold air and the steering is not sloppy. Original linoleum floorboards with clutch instruction plate are there, Gray & Davis head lamps. As I say, it's not my car, but contact me and  can give you the seller's contact info. I think it can be had for $6500. Located in se PA.

Phil

Metz 25.jpg

Edited by MochetVelo (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a complete windshield for a Metz hanging on a nail, original and unrestored, looking for a new home, like the one in the photo.  Located in Ontario about an hour east of Detroit.   Gary

• 4 weeks later...