EASTERN DIVISION NAT'L SPRING MEET JULY 11-14

20 hours ago, lovesolderplymouths said:

One question though, when did it become acceptable for AACA Meet dash plaques to be cheap refrigerator magnets?  Is this to be the new norm?

I've never seen any dash plaques like that from an 

AACA national meet.  (Not even from a local show!)

They were paper bonded to a thin flexible magnetic layer.

So it's not the new norm.  Each region must decide

what level of quality to give, and they design their own

plaques.

When our region hosted the Glidden Tour, our dash

plaques were thick brass and were of very high quality.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Magnets are not the new norm, they have been done before but in very few instances.  This region worked extremely hard to put this meet on and used their budget in many ways that benefitted the participants including signage, a hospitality room that never ran out of food, great tours and other amenities. They had more food service available than at any meet I can recall recently so overall I would give them high marks for a great event. 

• Like 1

What a great meet! I never cease to marvel at the amount of organization and work it takes to put on one of these events. Among many things that were well-done I was pleased and impressed when on this wickedly hot day volunteers were going around giving out bottles of ice-cold water in the afternoon. This is also a great venue for the meet. Congratulations Chesapeake region I really enjoyed it.

Edited by Steve29
remove duplicates (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Steve, there is no doubt the Chesapeake Region put a great deal of effort and finances to put on this exceptional Meet.  I applaud them.  The venue and cars were simply outstanding!  Unfortunately, I was only able to attend the show, missing any tours and gatherings.  The magnet-plaque was just a surprise to me, but it will join all of the other AACA Spring Meet plaques in my large frame representing one of the finest I've attended over the past 25 years. 

• Like 1

Guest Mark McAlpine

Kudos to the Chesapeake Region for hosting a great meet!  Marion & I agree with the comments recognizing all the planning and efforts the region put into the meet--the meet was organized very well, the tours were fun, the lanyards & pouches a nice touch (and something we can use at future meets), the cupcakes at dinner were delicious souvenirs (even though I ate mine at dinner), trailer parking couldn't be any more convenient, and all the volunteers for every aspect of the meet were very helpful and friendly.  The Chesapeake Region should be very proud--they did a great job.

Guest Mark McAlpine

I served on a great judging team at Gettysburg, and want to publicly thank Debbie, James, Sandra, and Wayne for making it such a pleasant experience.  Each was very knowledgeable, fair, consistent, reasonable, and fun to be with.  What more could owners (or a Team Captain) ask for?  Here's a photo of our team.

Judging Team - Gettysburg - 14 Jun 2018.jpg

• philip roitman
  • Members
  • 299 posts
A big thanks to the Chesapeake Region for an outstanding job and raising the bar. 

Just got home a few hours ago from the AACA North East National Meet in Gettysburg. We left Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday we did the car tours, a Friday bus tour and then showed the '75 Electra Saturday. It was a fantastic event, extremely well organized and run.  I was totally surprised and very happy last night at the Awards banquet when the car won it's First Place Jr. Award. The car drove flawlessly and we ended up visiting a friend in Pa. on the way home today. Total mileage for the trip was 767 miles and the car now has 22197 miles. I bought her last July with 18500 original miles and have enjoyed every mile since then. 

IMG_2599.JPG

IMG_2920.JPG

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:32 PM, lovesolderplymouths said:

I agree, great show.  This complex has become popular with many car club events and is a great venue.  The cars were indeed at a high level of quality.  One question though, when did it become acceptable for AACA Meet dash plaques to be cheap refrigerator magnets?  Is this to be the new norm?

I think it started in Stowe back in 2011....

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:49 PM, Steve29 said:

What a great meet! I never cease to marvel at the amount of organization and work it takes to put on one of these events. Among many things that were well-done I was pleased and impressed when on this wickedly hot day volunteers were going around giving out bottles of ice-cold water in the afternoon. This is also a great venue for the meet. Congratulations Chesapeake region I really enjoyed it.

The same core group that hosted this meet is also heavily involved with the Early Ford V8 Club of America.  It's the third event that group has hosted at that venue since 2014.  Granted some might not like the dash plaque, but the fact remains that the region did other things that benefitted more people that I haven't seen anyone else in AACA do (the lanyards with the schedules printed on them, the buttons, etc.).  In most cases the only ones that get the dash plaques are the ones who show cars, the rest of the judges, national directors, etc. don't get anything.

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:43 AM, Steve Moskowitz said:

This region worked extremely hard to put this meet on and used their budget in many ways that benefitted the participants including signage, a hospitality room that never ran out of food, great tours and other amenities. They had more food service available than at any meet I can recall recently so overall I would give them high marks for a great event. 

Not since Canandaigua in 2010.

Many thanks to the Chesapeake Region for an extremely well run show!

Having been show chairman for a car show with 600 vehicles attending we know this is not an easy task. 

We have no issue with the plaque/magnet. The volunteers bringing cold water on a hot day was a much welcomed surprise. Thanks for that!

Great weather, friendly people and beautiful cars..... what more can you ask?

See you in Hershey!

• Like 1

I GOT A BONUS for Showing at the Spring Meet............came in the mail. It's the 5th Wheel Tap to go on to my Repeat Preservation Award Board.  Going to drive up to AACA HQ this week and get the award that goes with it. Thanks again Chesapeake for this Meet. 

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:55 PM, WinterBlue69 said:

Many thanks to the Chesapeake Region for an extremely well run show!

Having been show chairman for a car show with 600 vehicles attending we know this is not an easy task. 

We have no issue with the plaque/magnet. The volunteers bringing cold water on a hot day was a much welcomed surprise. Thanks for that!

Great weather, friendly people and beautiful cars..... what more can you ask?

See you in Hershey!

AMEN!!  I chaired a meet with just over 500 cars and you're right it's easier to lay blame than it is to do the logistics.  Those guys did it well and they did it right.  I would not hesitate to go to that venue with that group again.

• Like 1