2019 Grand National UPDATED NEWS

First, there is a new date for 2019 which is May 30-June 1!  The meet will still be held in Auburn, Indiana.  The event will still be held At the RM Auctions facility in Auburn, Indiana.  There is no host hotel and most likely you will have to find rooms in Ft. Wayne.  Hotels in Ft. Wayne are bountiful along I-69 which is on the same road as RM so an easy drive to the facility.  All trailer parking and activities at Auburn Auction Park area.  We will have a list of hotels soon but recommend you making plans ASAP.  We do have a small block at the Comfort Inn $119 + tax (260) 480-7030 and the Hampton Inn $129 + tax (260)483-3999, as well on DuPont Rd. Another hotel on the same road is La Quinta (260) 490-7950 and their rate is $99.  All three hotels have been used before and come recommended.  Near restaurants too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Fireside Resort is right across I-69 from the show. Full hook ups were $34 a night/day.  Not a fancy place but I park there every time I go to Auburn. Very handy for the show. Camper parking at the show doesn't offer full hook ups and costs a lot more.

• Like 1

More hotels are on contract and you will see some of them in Speedster coming out by the end of the week.  RM will be making more changes to the facility and today we got a piece of potentially GREAT news that will make the event even better.  Stay tuned!!!  

Cutting grass at the facility seems to have been an issue at times especially if they have a week of rain.  I am going to use this comment to remind them that it is not always good to be in the tall grass! :) 

• 1 month later...
On 6/27/2018 at 6:15 PM, Steve Moskowitz said:

More hotels are on contract and you will see some of them in Speedster coming out by the end of the week.  RM will be making more changes to the facility and today we got a piece of potentially GREAT news that will make the event even better.  Stay tuned!!!  

Just curious, any updates you can tell us about regarding the piece of potentially GREAT news? ?

Having never been to Auburn for an AACA Meet before, I was wondering if there will be an Indiana BBQ at the AGNM next year? I for one, would sure like to experience one of these for an awards dinner.  A shorter evening like the normal Auburn Nation Meet the last few years might be nice too for those attendees that would like to start their trip home Saturday evening after the awards are presented. 

Charlie

• Like 1

On 8/27/2018 at 10:15 AM, Steve Moskowitz said:

We are still waiting on the possibility of more news.  Yes, we will have the BBQ back by popular demand!

Thanks Steve!

Looking forward to my first trip to Auburn next year and the BBQ awards dinner. 

Charlie

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just to be clear.  I tried to register a car for it's first junior at Auburn and then travel to a Snapper's tour in Wisconsin beginning the next day.  Sort of a " two birds with one stone" idea.  A note on the AACA registration form told me my car had to be a senior car to qualify.  Can I have my car judged at Auburn or not?

Thanks for the clarification, Gary

1 hour ago, Restorer32 said:

No you cannot. Grand National meets are for cars that have already achieved First Junior status. When your car wins its First Junior it becomes a Senior car and is then eligible to compete against other Senior cars at the Grand National.

I believe the above statement needs a little clarity.  After a car competes and wins its Sr. Award it then is eligible to compete in the AGNM.

Of course you are correct. First Junior Award, Senior Award competing only against other First Junior cars, then AGNM. In this case the OP would need to win his First Junior at Ocala, then the Senior at Charlotte. He could then compete at the AGNM in Auburn. Up until this year he would have had to wait to the year after receiving the Senior Award to qualify for the AGNM.

• 2 months later...

MORE LATE BREAKING NEWS, WE JUST GOT A CONTRACT FOR 20 MORE ROOMS.  INFO TO BE POSTED LATER TODAY.  AT INTERCHANGE ON I-69, KITCHENETTE AND $129 PER NIGHT  4 star rated

Town Place Suites  260-483-1160

Fort Wayne North

Address

3949 Ice Way Drive Fort Wayne Indiana 46805 USA

Telefone

+1-260-483-1160

Address

Telefone

Address

3949 Ice Way Drive Fort Wayne Indiana 46805 USA

Telefone

+1-260-483-1160

• 4 weeks later...

Was wondering if the trailer parking area for The Grand (at the RM Auctions facility) will have set hours for access?

Did not see anything in the Grand's tri-fold.  It is possible to drop a trailer on Wednesday or any evening after sunset?

Just wondering in case some of us are unable to arrive there during daylight hours. Thanks.

Hilton Fort Wayne (downtown)

1020 S. Calhoun St.

Fort Wayne, IN 46802

Make sure they use AACA Block

$129.00

Another new hotel!  As to trailer parking, I HOPE to know by the end of the week. New owner of our trailer parking lot so we are waiting to hear what he is going to require.

2 minutes ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

Another new hotel!  As to trailer parking, I HOPE to know by the end of the week. New owner of our trailer parking lot so we are waiting to hear what he is going to require.

Thanks Steve.

Trying to determine my work schedule and travel plans for that week. It would be extremely helpful to know this information as soon as details regarding the availability/access of the trailer parking lot is finalized.  Thanks Again.

21 hours ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

Trailer parking will be allowed starting on Wednesday!  I hope to develop a may and more soon.  We cannot guarantee security but working on something.  thanks.

Thanks for the update about parking trailers on Wednesday.

I am a little confused about what you mean by "I hope to develop a may and more soon". 

I realize that you are very busy these days. Looks like you have the same problem I do sometimes (ie typing so fast your keyboard cannot keep up with you).    😉 😁

• 2 weeks later...
  • On about June 1, I plan to be in the Auburn area with the California Airflow Caravan on our way to Charlottesville, VA for the ACA national meet. Most of us are AACA members, and I wondered if there would be any interest in us parking our bug-spattered, slightly travel weary cars, a 35 Chrysler Imperial, one or two 37 Chryslers, and a 36 DeSoto, all Airflows, on or near the show field as a sort of static display. No judging this time -- just a display while we walk the show field. I've been advised to ask Steve. Steve, any interest? 

John Boyd

VP Airflow Club of America

858-997-7zero-zero-2

IMG_1302.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Steve,

Do you have any updates on if trailer parking will be available on Wednesday and the times someone can drop off their trailer. If Wednesday is not open what times will it be open the rest of the event. I just received some information in the mail about it’s location but the time schedule was not mentioned. I realize we are still a few weeks out so maybe the final details are still a work in progress.

Thanks 

Bob

Just curious, what was the final count of vehicles registers for the 2019 Grand National?

Are there a few cars that got their Senior at Charlotte that are coming to The Grand?

1 hour ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

380 !!!  700 for the BBQ.  Believe this may be an all time record! Yes, there were a few cars that got their Senior and are coming to Charlotte, I think about 6.  

Thanks for the update. 

Great numbers. Sure glad I have my ticket for the BBQ! 

Really looking forward to my first visit to Auburn, R&M, the automotive museums, seeing old friend and making new ones.

Safe travels everyone!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, charlier said:

Thanks for the update. 

Great numbers. Sure glad I have my ticket for the BBQ! 

Really looking forward to my first visit to Auburn, R&M, the automotive museums, seeing old friend and making new ones.

Safe travels everyone!

X2! 

Leaving Thursday afternoon. My tow buddy has to work a half day Thursday. I am excited to get there already. 🙂

Edited by philip roitman (see edit history)

10 hours ago, Restorer32 said:

We are miffed that we can't take a customer's car, which we restored and which received its Senior at Charlotte, to the Grand. Owner actually wants it returned to him so he can drive it this Summer. The nerve... 

Don't be too miffed.  That's a really nice car you did.

I have seen some recent maps that show the AGNM in building #2, is that just the registration area or are the 380 entries going to be inside that building too. If the show field is outside will a map be available to show the location?

Thanks

We have had over 250 there before giving two spaces to every car.  We will have to shorten the space between cars but will make sure no doors can hit anyone.  We have a huge meet and it is presenting challenges but everyone is trying their best to make this work.

• Like 2