1935Packard

Wireless turn signals for pre-war cars as a safety measure

My experience with  "bicycle" type wireless lights is that they only work intimately and unreliably with my 1929 Studebaker President sedan with 135" wheelbase.  The cars body restricts the signal and distance from the drivers seat to the rear bumper is to far for bicycle wireless lights.   

Has anyone tried, or have experience with, the LED wireless tail and directional lights offered by www.swifttailights.com?   https://swifthitch.com/collections/swift-taillights

The are asking $488 (front & rear) or $239 (rear only) which appears to be worth it if they are reliable.  My only concern with wireless is how reliably they work with a long wheelbase sedan.  

You may want to look at after market motorcycle signal lights. There is quite a variety available, many of which look adaptable to old cars.

P

Am a bit curious about this fascination with wireless. Just need two sets of magetic lights and can have stop light also), a Flasher, and a double pole double throw center off switch. $50 and a bit of fiddling. 6v bulbs if needed. Can be easy to remove.

5 hours ago, padgett said:

Am a bit curious about this fascination with wireless. Just need two sets of magetic lights and can have stop light also), a Flasher, and a double pole double throw center off switch. $50 and a bit of fiddling. 6v bulbs if needed. Can be easy to remove.

Some of us have several cars, each much older than those in your fleet, my friend.  I'd like to buy ONE set that I can move from car to car.

Understand, just trying to make a lo-cost suggestion.