"DAD" CARS for Fathers Day

Marty Roth

With credit to Hemmings.com,

here are the Top Ten "DAD" cars from TV and Movies -

Some of us will recall these , either with a smile or a smirk - but fun either way

http://bestride.com/news/top-10-car-dads-from-tv-and-movies

Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads out here,

1805188760_ALBERTROTHinNAVYWHITES.jpg.e053e3fff0e004c49700c3b7120557ee.jpgand thinking of those only in our memories

• Like 2

I often watch the B&W reruns of the Andy Griffith’s show for the cars featured in it (I can’t believe I’m admitting to that).  Never realized how many Ford products were featured in the show. Opie was a cool kid to be able to get rides in a Ford police car.

Grandpa Munster was always a favorite too as were the Mopars used by Mr.Clydesdale in the Beverly Hillbillies.

And Happy Fathers Day to all those dads who tolerated our raids on their toolboxes and our attempts to make the family car a cooler ride!

Edited by TerryB (see edit history)

1 hour ago, TerryB said:

I often watch the B&W reruns of the Andy Griffith’s show for the cars featured in it (I can’t believe I’m admitting to that).  Never realized how many Ford products were featured in the show. Opie was a cool kid to be able to get rides in a Ford police car.

Grandpa Munster was always a favorite too as were the Mopars used by Mr.Clydesdale in the Beverly Hillbillies.

And Happy Fathers Day to all those dads who tolerated our raids on their toolboxes and our attempts to make the family car a cooler ride!

That would have been "Mr. Drysdale" and yes, he had some cool MoPars. I lost quite a few of my Dad's tools and he was NOT happy about it.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

I did the same thing with Adam-12 last year. Junkie-watched all the episodes on Netflix just to see all the great cars. Works with Rockford Files as well.

Oh, and Tony Nelson from I Dream of Genie always had great GTO's while Roger Healy drove Firebirds.

......and then there was Gilligan's bamboo car....

2eb6e2e05f044363e49842d669f17cef.jpg