Seeking radio, speakers, and cover behind seats in convertible

HRP

ASSISTANCE APPRECIATED

1) I have a 1991 red Reatta convertible  (purchased new and mostly garaged even with 100+k miles on her) with the tan (leather) interior. She still looks almost new. I need the cover which is attached to the top and covers the short painted area when the top is up. Are they available or do I need to have a local trim shop make one?

2) My radio and cd player are failing and need to be replaced. . I know it takes a 1 1/2 "short" DIN. Rather than a cd player, I would like to find a radio which fits (is bolt in) with a USB port so I can use large mp-3 play lists or a Samsung Galaxy 5 'droid with the music and playlists there.

3) After these many years, I also need new speakers (the rear at least) and grills or speaker covers to match the interior rear ones. The plastic covers are in good shape.  Obviously, with the top down and/or wind noise, the speakers do not need to be "high tech) or expensive.

Any information or help would be appreciated. I am in Greensboro, N.C.

Thanks,

HRP

Unlikely that you will find a convertible boot cover in decent condition.  Pretty simple sewing job that any shop could handle.

There are lots of aftermarket radios out there.......I don't deal with them enough to recommend anything

The convertible rear speakers are 4 x 10 and pretty easy to find.   The place to find the material is a custom sound shop,  I have seen vendor sample books with a large varity of colors and textures a sound shop

should be able to get you material that matches.  

I installed Kicker speakers in my car and they sound great. Very good separation between bass, mid-range and high notes. The area between the trunk and the convertible top is just perfect for a Kicker slimline subwoofer as well, I bought the Kicker PT250. It makes a huge improvement to add a subwoofer. For your radio, unless there is cosmetic damage you can buy rebuilt radio modules that will cure any deficiencies in sound quality. it will cost you $200 exchanged. That will keep your Reatta looking stock on the inside, a good thing. The stock radio sounds very good with the speaker improvements I mentioned, good luck and keep us posted!

A big thanks to all who responded. Glad to know there is a 1 1/2 DIN radio with all the bells and whistles available. I'll put it on my birthday and Christmas lists and also watch for sales of the Retrosound Newports. I figured I'd need an interior shop to redo my boot cover and a radio shop to get new rear speakers with grill covers.

HRP

• 2 weeks later...