41 roadmaster, not mine

NC-car-guy

https://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/d/1941-buick-roadmaster/6596574035.html

00Y0Y_6HZb7Mrm83b_600x450.jpg

I have a 1941 Buick Roadmaster for-sale. The car has 61,925 miles on it and the title states that it is actual mileage. It has the straight 8 engine with factory (2) 2 barrel carbs. Motor and trans run and shift fine, brakes work as well as all of the lights and horn. Not sure the last time the car was on the road but everything seems to work properly. The body is not in perfect condition but good for it's age. If interested give me a call or text. Asking $8,500 obo

• contact name:

Craig

• call or text:

☎ (804) 536-0211

Matt, it's the same car I talked to you about when I found it in Virginia back around September.  It was immobile in a barn at the time with a parts car without an engine but there was another complete engine in the barn, but I think it was a 1940 engine but with the carbs on it.  I wanted the wheels and tried  until I finally gave up.  I can tell you more if you contact me.  I just sold our 1971 Riviera show car, but I still don't have room for the car here until I can sell our 1964 Wildcat (if it ever comes home from the guy's backyard paint shop).  I don't want to comment on this car here.  The chrome was pretty good too, some pieces of it were as good or better than mine was when I got it.  I actually saw this car the same day I drove to NC to see the one I bought.  But, now that it is on the road, I feel sure it is probably better than a parts car, okay?  804-366-4870.

My '41 has been repainted and is moving toward completion in another week or two I think.  I wish I'd gotten 3.5 instead of 3.75 whitewalls.  I'll show you the latest picture here.  Obviously the restored skirts are not on the car yet.  All of the chrome is either NOS, re-chromed, or exceptional original.  The interior was so perfect I put clear plastic seat covers over the seats for protection.  It is supposed to be a 5-foot driver, but without losing 10 points for the seat covers and 10 more for the radials, I think this car is turning out well enough to have been an AACA show winner.  I've built a bunch of those so I don't have anymore room for trophies anyway.

41 Buick repaint 53.jpg

• Like 1