Saw this following me around today

JACK M

4 hours ago, JACK M said:

Good, Did it drive as well as it did last year?

All I did was on and off the trailer.

Yes. Only stalled a couple times. ? There’s a clunking from the front driver’s side on slow sharp corners sometimes. Hoping the brakes are not falling off! ?

Vic' , have John recommend a shop to diagnose dnd fix that noise ASAP. Even if you were a good mechanic, you wouldn't have time at this point in your new job to fix it yourself. Unexplained noises from suspension/brakes cannot be fixed too soon.   -  Carl 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, C Carl said:

Vic' , have John recommend a shop to diagnose dnd fix that noise ASAP. Even if you were a good mechanic, you wouldn't have time at this point in your new job to fix it yourself. Unexplained noises from suspension/brakes cannot be fixed too soon.   -  Carl 

Yep....we did talk about a shop to go to. VL2 is a pretty busy woman right now.

• Like 1

Hi there you lucky Southern Oregonians! I'll tell you a funny Medford/Ashland shop incident. Way back in the old days before I-5 was built over the Siskyous, I got turned around Southbound before the steep grade after Ashland. Chains Required. So I went back and bought  a set of roller chains from Les for the Michelin X radials on my '65 Eldo drop top. Threw 'em in the trunk, started the engine, and the starter would not disengage. Right next door was Skinner Pontiac - Cadillac. While they replaced the ignition switch (had to pull the top off the dashboard), we enjoyed a delicious Chinese lunch at that now long gone joint about 50 yards South of Lester's and Skinner's handy locations. Cad now ready, I went in to bail it out. They informed me that they had cracked the windshield pulling the dash, and would replace it for free. Well, we were headed to 'Frisco for a  'Dead concert, and now being a bit behind schedule,  opted for repair on the return leg. (Made sure to coincide with lunchtime). By the time we got back to the grade, the Chains Required sign was off, and we blew over the pass PDQ. Never did use the chains. I figure that was the best ten bucks I ever wasted. And factoring in the time not needed to drive slowly, chain up and remove,  actually very little time was lost overall. Just think  : at the point the engine was started at the motel that morning, the next time I shut it down, it would have inconvenienced me at a huge expense and loss of time. It might have even happened as I was  enjoying the view at the cold summit while making "yellow snow" !!!!!!!  ?-----------?.    -  (Just another of them there  -  Cadillac Carl  tales)

P.S.  : I hope I get to visit y'az some time. I am sure you will know the best Chinese food around. I do try to eat at Chinese buffets while traveling. My diet must contain lots of vegetables. Never better than at those buffets, or elaborate salad bars. If I really need to have  more heart attacks, I hope they are many, and VERY infrequent.  ?   -  CC 

Edited by C Carl
Add brand identification (see edit history)
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, C Carl said:

Hi there you lucky Southern Oregonians! I'll tell you a funny Medford/Ashland shop incident. Way back in the old days before I-5 was built over the Siskyous, I got turned around Southbound before the steep grade after Ashland. Chains Required. So I went back and bought  a set of roller chains from Les for the Michelin X radials on my '65 Eldo drop top. Threw 'em in the trunk, started the engine, and the starter would not disengage. Right next door was Skinner Pontiac - Cadillac. While they replaced the ignition switch (had to pull the top off the dashboard), we enjoyed a delicious Chinese lunch at that now long gone joint about 50 yards South of Lester's and Skinner's handy locations. Cad now ready, I went in to bail it out. They informed me that they had cracked the windshield pulling the dash, and would replace it for free. Well, we were headed to 'Frisco for a  'Dead concert, and now being a bit behind schedule,  opted for repair on the return leg. (Made sure to coincide with lunchtime). By the time we got back to the grade, the Chains Required sign was off, and we blew over the pass PDQ. Never did use the chains. I figure that was the best ten bucks I ever wasted. And factoring in the time not needed to drive slowly, chain up and remove,  actually very little time was lost overall. Just think  : at the point the engine was started at the motel that morning, the next time I shut it down, it would have inconvenienced me at a huge expense and loss of time. It might have even happened as I was  enjoying the view at the cold summit while making "yellow snow" !!!!!!!  ?-----------?.    -  (Just another of them there  -  Cadillac Carl  tales)

P.S.  : I hope I get to visit y'az some time. I am sure you will know the best Chinese food around. I do try to eat at Chinese buffets while traveling. My diet must contain lots of vegetables. Never better than at those buffets, or elaborate salad bars. If I really need to have  more heart attacks, I hope they are many, and VERY infrequent.  ?   -  CC 

That would have been Kim's Chinese Restaurant.

Ahhhhhhhh, yeah.! That's it. They had among the very best San Francisco style Chinese -American Chop Suey  I have ever wrapped my lips around. Yet another one of Oregon 's delights. That style of Chop Suey I remember from maybe 65+ years ago is getting out of fashion these days. But Oregon has an admirable  track record of not wanting to mess up good things. Sandy was just hankering for exactly that treat yesterday. I think she was saying the tea leaves read a trip to Tai Tung in the International District is in order.   -  CC 

7 hours ago, C Carl said:

I have ZERO mechanical skills! ? 

John, I need to get it looked at. What’s the name and number again? Can you PM me with it? 

I’m crazy busy. Work’s nuts AND I’m moving from the temporary apartment to the condo this week. And a golf tournament Friday. I don’t even think I will make the Medford Cruise Car show Saturday. ?

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)