Saw this following me around today

JACK M

13 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

VL2 might not have had a chance to tell you, but she wanted the car to be brought out here. Where I can exercise the car for her. Her new work load is keeping her very busy. It is the best thing to do for the car.:lol:

All you have to do is make a better offer.....:lol:

7 minutes ago, JACK M said:

Doug is on his way up from Seaside. He wants to ride along. Plan is to hit the road at 7.

Do you have it double strapped, like the Chevy? ? I don’t trust those old chain tie downs. I’ve had some of his loose chains snap. No telling how old they are... 

Anyway, have a safe trip and thank you so much for doing this! 

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)

2 hours ago, victorialynn2 said:

I think that’s true of men too. ?

I resemble that fact. I thought those guys were stopping by Lexington to pick me up on our way to the FL keys and the Hogg’s Breath Saloon! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SC38DLS said:

I resemble that fact. I thought those guys were stopping by Lexington to pick me up on our way to the FL keys and the Hogg’s Breath Saloon! 

Not with my car! I’d be hunting you down for sure.  ?? Y’all know when I set my mind to something, nothing stops me! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CHuDWah said:

Nah, that old we're pretty much harmless.  ☹️  Nice 57 BTW.

Yeah, I am going to be 74 in a few days. I usually feel like I am 89. Kinda like the "Big Boss Man" of song and fame. "................ just talk and that's a just about all.".       -  Pretty much useless these days,        -  C Carl 

• Haha 1

Have fun with it VL2. Just don’t give those characters that brought it down to you any beer or they will crash on your living room floor for days. Their reputation proceeds or follows them everywhere. 

Dave S 

• Haha 1

The text from the Ebay seller....

"Let me start by saying that I am not a car expert and know very little about these cars.  I obtained this car as part of a three way trade.  I was looking for a '57 T Bird but that never materialized as the fella did not have a T Bird instead he had this Skyliner to trade..  What I do know is that this car was sold new in Albuquerque and has spent its entire life in the dry climate of New Mexcio.  I had it shipped up to Oregon and is now just outside of Medford, Oregon and comes with a clear New Mexico title.  Please look at the pictures and ask any questions.  I will try to answer and can provide more pictures as well as videos of the top going down and coming back up if you send me your email.  This Skyliner looks to have been painted sometime in the last 5-10 years.  It is a nice paint job but not a show paint job.  There is no rust that I can find, no bubbles - very dry.  The engine was swapped to a Ford 390 big block sometime in the past.  Looks to be a professional job.  It has headers with new dual exhaust that sounds great and the carburator has been updated with electric choke.  Also has power disc brakes up front so that you can actually stop - I am told this is a HUGE improvement by members of the Skyliner Association.  Everything seems to work on the car except the radio and the clock.  It has a padded dash which I am told is rare.  I am also told that this is fairly rare color combination.  The car needs carpeting, sill plates installed; headliner replaced; and replacement of the driver window as it is cracked and a couple of small trim pieces including the front Fairlaine emblem.  I have all the parts including the carpet, headliner, all trim pieces, kick plate etc. These will all come with the car.  Also someone told me to point out that the "tub" is in the trunk.  All hubcaps are present and looks good, new tires ( 200 miles) all around. The engine is strong, drives out very nicely, stops on a dime, no shimmy, no strange noises, no drips from the engine.  Also I am told that at the time of the engine swap, the transmission was replaced and is a three speed automatic.  It is not a show car in my opinion but could be very easily.  I don't think you will find a dryer car anywhere.  Odometer shows 62,000 miles and the car is mileage exempt.  That is all I know and now you know.  This is a No Reserve Auction - final bid before auction closes buys the car.  Transportation is at buyer's expense.  Please note this car is now 61 years old and is sold as is where is.  I have described it to the best of my abilities.  Inspections welcome.  
Received a question about the sunvisors - hey are with the car, in the trunk with all the mounting hardware.
Please only bid if you have the funds, permission from the wife and are over 16 years old.  Bidder with ZERO feedback will need to contact me prior to bidding or bid will be removed.
I am sure there are a number of Skyliner experts out there...............always willing to learn from you.  As I said I was looking for a T Bird - for either '57 T Bird or '61-'63 T Bird Roadster in similar condition - if you have one, let's talk.
Will require $750 non-refundable deposit through PayPal and full payment within 7 days of close of auction.  I will help with pick up and transport and can store the car until pick up is finalized up to 4 weeks.  Car leaves my driveway when payment has cleared."
Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

17 hours ago, keiser31 said:

57.jpg

57 2.jpg

I am thinking that at 16 and change this is a pretty good deal. Even with the incorrect updates.

Oh, and it doesn't leak. Very uncommon for one of these.