1929 Chrysler Model 75 Roadster Wanted

leomara

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It only took a short 3 1/2 years to find the perfect open 1924 Cadillac for me. That was about 30 years ago. It was even better than I had hoped ! Less expensive than I would have thought. I enjoyed driving it around in the heat of last night. The closed counterpart to it which I craved with a passion, took over 20 years to find. In fact I had given up as Mother Nature and Father Time did their thing on me. My standards are very high. And then, about 4 years ago, I stumbled into a beautiful 1927 sedan. Portland OR Craigslist, less than 200 miles from me. Even better than I had hoped ! Less expensive than I would have thought.

Keep the faith, my brother ! Follow all leads. Keep all your irons in the fire. Accept no substitutes.  Best of luck, enjoy the hunt !  -  Carl 

I was approached by someone who claimed there were several of these available in Australia, I would think that the gentleman from there should have his pick.  Besides he is not really interested in a Model 75 exclusively.  Unfortunate for me, I know nothing about the differences between export and domestic models, even Canadian to US differences puzzle me.  Any place where those details could be made clearer because I must become more familiar with my prey!

Beautiful Car!!! Really Nice,  But there is quite a few differences between a 65 Series and a 75 Series the 65 front fenders are the same as 29 Plymouth the Headlights on the 75 series are Bigger and Badged with Chrysler emblem's with a more decorative headlight bar, the bumpers on the 75 Series are nicer with nice center badge, the Rumble seat has a extra flip up lid to get in and out easier, The wheel base might be a hair longer, not sure on that and 10 more horsepower engine for sure, and last I can think of is the 75 Series has the golf club side door, and the cowl side air doors.  Both Cars Nice cars to own.

Good luck on your endeavors. The 75 will cost a bit more then the 65 in my opine :rolleyes:

Here is a site to compare

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1929-CHRYSLER-SERIES-75-ROADSTER-188478

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is a hoot!  I had a "procurer" of collector cars send me an email about this same car about a month ago with a price of $45,000!  I guess the extra $17,000 was going to be his profit on the deal.  Regardless, I'm not interested in right hand drive cars at any price......

it's out there. We will find you one.

do these threads EVER come to fruition?

I always see a person wanting something that doesnt exist and everyone else running around doing a song and dance................

maybe its my negativity, but that is all I ever see happen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi the handleman, you are absolutely correct, nice car.  However, not what I'm looking for because it's not a car that I can finish the way I want to or within my budget.  We all have our desires and limitations.  However, I do appreciate you bringing it to my attention.

Hey Richelieumotor, I'm told by someone  knowledgeable that they know of 109 owners domestically, where did your 10 or 15 number come from?  From the inception I've said that I was not looking for a restored car but that seems to be the only thing that anyone wants to sell so far.  Hen's teeth, maybe......

thehandleman, you almost sound annoyed.  Has your participation really been that difficult?  Someone posts a lead on a car and if I choose not to buy it they get perturbed?  Forgive me but I don't get it.  I've been in this hobby since the mid-century and I've never experienced this kind of reaction.

Thank you Richelieumotor, I really enjoyed the post about your uncle's fondness of Chrysler's.  I believe the yellow Chrysler above may have been brought back into this country from England.